Topic: FST Bug

Hi

Ran my strategy overnight on my laptop, wireless dropped until i realised in the morning, as soon as I reestablished connection, it went straight into a buy trade, however it didnt abide by my strategy. It was like it just ignored my strategy completely and went into a trade, irrespective if it made profit or not on this occasion thats not good.

I will be using a cable in future but just thought I mention it.

Thanks,

Re: FST Bug

Probably there was a trade being set up at the time of the interruption. You may have to invest in something like an alternate power supply to keep your system running in event of power failure so you can close your positions in orderly fashion before you shut down.

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....

Also I will mention that one trade didnt close at the end of the day on friday as market closed at 23:59:59 lol.

But I will use day of week 2 and use 23:59 as my closing time.

Can I suggest that you be more specific and document the situations with logs and pics and copies of the robot  and dates so that the situation can be recreated. I know that the programmers and developer will want to find the bug but you are giving them little or no facts for them to work on a fix.

Take a few screen shots and upload them with full description so they have something to work with.

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....

angat wrote:

Hi

Ran my strategy overnight on my laptop, wireless dropped until i realised in the morning, as soon as I reestablished connection, it went straight into a buy trade, however it didnt abide by my strategy. It was like it just ignored my strategy completely and went into a trade, irrespective if it made profit or not on this occasion thats not good.

I will be using a cable in future but just thought I mention it.

Thanks,

I think I may have an answer to what happened here as exactly the same thing happened to a friend of mine. There was a storm last night and his power tripped out. When he restarted MT4 & FST it immediately closed his position. I have attached a screenshot of what happened. It appears that FST loaded a "new" strategy rather than his operating strategy. The reason for this is because he originally loaded it from another directory without saving it and FST looks in it's default directory on power up. If you save your strategy in the FST default directory it will then come up if the power is lost and you have to restart. Incidentally, my power tripped at the same time but I have a meaty UPS so nothing untoward happened! 

http://s13.postimage.org/54l3638nn/Snap_2012_12_04_10_22_30_001.jpg