Topic: Strategy tester opens and closes position immediately

I am using this simple moving average crossover that I'm using to familiarize with the fsb interface. When using the backtester, positions are opened correctly, but they automatically close themselves for no reason.

The trailing stop is at 30 pips. Bar 35 should not be affected.

Attached below is the image. Any ideas what I am doing wrong? Help is much appreciated. Thanks!

Post's attachments

fxbuilder.png 306.49 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Re: Strategy tester opens and closes position immediately

Hi,
what happens if you increase the Trailing stop to 300 pips?

thomas

https://monitortool.jimdofree.com/

bar 35 and most subsequent bars will be correct, but larger movements such as this still baffles me. 300 pips is 0.03 right? in this section the movement was just 30+ pips and it closed.

by the way, is it possible to open a position mid-bar on fsb? it seems that i can only use closed or open prices. the ema-cross occurs during mid-bar pretty often and i can't figure out a way to open a position immediately.

Post's attachments

fxbuilder2.png 265.39 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

bufanbufan wrote:

bar 35 and most subsequent bars will be correct, but larger movements such as this still baffles me. 300 pips is 0.03 right? in this section the movement was just 30+ pips and it closed.

by the way, is it possible to open a position mid-bar on fsb? it seems that i can only use closed or open prices. the ema-cross occurs during mid-bar pretty often and i can't figure out a way to open a position immediately.

Not sure if this is the case but 300 pips with 5 digits broker equals to 30 pips on 4 digits broker