Topic: attn: Popov - Generator, num of bars accepted, open-sourced?

i stumbled upon this program through Google, and have found it to be potentially useful, but I do have questions because I want to be able to use this software...

1. Generator...exactly what does it generate? I understand that it goes through different indicators and gives you possible strategy, but does it goes through possible parameters for each indicators, such as Simple moving average, where it may go from 2 periods up to maybe 200 period? What i'm looking for is all possible combination of indicators, and within indicators, all possible values or parameters for the one indicators. Does the "Generator" feature do that?

2. I've tried importing historical data for minute data for EURUSD going back to 2001,  the minute data has approximately 2.3 million bars, but the problem is the software, FSB, crashes and spits out an error saying not enough memory or something to the like.  So my question is, what is the maximum number of bar FSB is able to take?

3. Is FSB open-sourced? i've started developing a software that is similar to FSB, doing "Generation", going through possible combination of indicators. I'm a big believer in not re-creating "wheel" when there is something already out there, and I am a big believer improving the existing "wheel" so that it does what everyone may want it to do. Can I get a copy of the FSB codes?

Re: attn: Popov - Generator, num of bars accepted, open-sourced?

1. Generator...exactly what does it generate? I understand that it goes through different indicators and gives you possible strategy, but does it goes through possible parameters for each indicators, such as Simple moving average, where it may go from 2 periods up to maybe 200 period? What i'm looking for is all possible combination of indicators, and within indicators, all possible values or parameters for the one indicators. Does the "Generator" feature do that?

Yes. the Strategy Generator uses parameters values from the whole range. It also tries to adjust them to achieve better performance and more common values.

2. I've tried importing historical data for minute data for EURUSD going back to 2001,  the minute data has approximately 2.3 million bars, but the problem is the software, FSB, crashes and spits out an error saying not enough memory or something to the like.  So my question is, what is the maximum number of bar FSB is able to take?

Up to 100 000.

3. Is FSB open-sourced? i've started developing a software that is similar to FSB, doing "Generation", going through possible combination of indicators. I'm a big believer in not re-creating "wheel" when there is something already out there, and I am a big believer improving the existing "wheel" so that it does what everyone may want it to do. Can I get a copy of the FSB codes?

Forex Strategy Builder is not open-source software. You cannot use its source code. But yet we can discuss the principles of forex testing.