Topic: Question about contributing

I am a new user of the application and have made a few changes to the code on my end that I would like to contribute back to the community.  Can anyone enlighten me as to the correct process to do this?  Should I just attach a git .diff file to a forum post, or email to the info@... address with my changes?

Thanks in advance.

Adam

Re: Question about contributing

Hi ab,
Thanks for the contribution, I hope this will point you in the right direction.
I added a feature in the past, mostly using github's online instructions for each step: http://help.github.com/. The github help has the commands to use with their shell, and the website. I wasn't too sure about the process but it worked, eventually my feature got in there.

The general process is to create a fork from Mr Popov's project, do some work on your local copy, sync the changes to your fork, then send a "pull" request to Mr Popov. Then he controls what goes into the master branch.

hope that helps,
krog

ab wrote:

I am a new user of the application and have made a few changes to the code on my end that I would like to contribute back to the community.  Can anyone enlighten me as to the correct process to do this?  Should I just attach a git .diff file to a forum post, or email to the info@... address with my changes?

Thanks in advance.

Adam

What changes did you do?

footon wrote:

What changes did you do?

I wanted to be able to work with iqFeed data and the tool that I use (to extract from the data feed) doesn't output a time field in daily and weekly data (only intraday).  This may be of use to others as it allows for a scheduled update of data files, and offers a way of using any historical data on any market from iqFeed in FSB.  I believe that the import product that I use (QCollector) also offer an eSignal version but I have not used it.

I have also built prototype functions for the direct import of HST files from MT4, but a probably a few weeks away from finalising the work on this one.

krog wrote:

I added a feature in the past ...

Thanks for the advice, once I finish my testing I will work through the patch submission process.

ab