Welcome on board!
I wonder if this software will have impact on trading behaviour?
FSB and particularly the generator can change the process of making technical analysis.
- Standard way:
1. We know price patterns and indicator setups.
2. Looking for these patterns on the charts.
3. We hope the market will develop the post pattern model like before.
Problem: The market doesn't care about our patterns.
- With FSB Generator
1. Run Generator on a particular chart.
2. Generator (eventually) finds a trading criteria with good stats.
3. We may tray to find explanation of this model (not really necessary).
Problem: Huge possibility of over optimization for the current data sample or exploiting of interpolation methods of the back-tester. (Comparator and OOS may help.)
I personally do not like the fact that the computer can lead the dance but what to do.
Anyway, FSB is able to give another view-point and to provoke many questions. We all benefit from that.