1 (edited by Blaiserboy 2011-02-17 17:17:39)

Topic: Instrument Spread data

Would someone let me know how to make sure I have this form completed properly for each instrument

Thanks

http://postimage.org/image/7vu3ir2c/

My spread on GBPJPY is about 6 pips. How will I reflect that accurately in the 'Edit Data' area...

I am using 60.00 at present......., when I look at the journal generated... there is a significant difference between the profit or loss shown there and the metatrader account.

Can someone clarify

Thanks

Re: Instrument Spread data

Just check the data for digits and your platform/broker for spread, swap, commisions.

You can change the digits from 5 to 4, even if you have 5-digit data, as it doesn't fundamentally alter the strategy behaviour, just make sure spread corresponds correctly to the number of digits.

I think I have it set up close enough. results are more conservative than the trade log and that is a good thing.

Thanks for your prompt replies.....  most helpful

Blaiserboy wrote:

I am using 60.00 at present......., when I look at the journal generated... there is a significant difference between the profit or loss shown there and the metatrader account.

That is the spread which alters the outcome, say 20 pips SL/TP with a spread of 6 means -26/+14. In your case FSB has to convert the values to account's currency - GBPJPY values are in JPY, so USDJPY rate (predefined in "Instrument Editor" by user) is used. That's why numbers might look a bit off.