forex software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

forex software

Skip to forum content

Forex Software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

Forex Software → Forex Strategies → Gap Trading - help with parameters?

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

Topic: Gap Trading - help with parameters?

Hello again everyone: I have done what I think was a huge amount of paper data. and here's what I think I found:
If you look at the 4hour charts, in almost everything - AUD/CAD,AUD/JPY,AUD/NZD,AUD/USD,EUR/CHF,EUR/GBP,EUR/JPY,EUR/USD,GBP/CHF,GBP/JPY,GBP/USD,NZD/USD,USD/CAD,USD/CHF,USD/JPY, and several others, I have found that if you look to the last friday bar, and the Sunday open is BELOW the low of the previous bar, that you will have a positive push anywhere between 15 and 30 pips as a rule, with less than 15 pips of additional drop. This is also true in reverse if the open is higher than the previous high.(it drops lower)

I would like to set the trader to look for this and give me the option of setting a max pip SL and TP (as it beautifully does) or at the close of the bar. To recap my logic-

Is Sunday open lower than the previous Low? True
enter trade
exit trade at close of bar, or when maximum desired pip TP.

My number look like : 87% of all instances close higher
60% have less than a 10 pip drawdown
with my money management rules, I could be adding ~4 to 14% per trade, and on average, there's 2 or 3 trades across all currencies per week (average) (including wins and losses) for instance, today, I would be up ~23% -not risking much - 1% of gross account. my highest week was over 40% - risking 4.5% of gross account.

NOTE: This seems like it would be a great strategy to augment usual trading, but I can't find that working at any other point in the week, with such certainty.

Re: Gap Trading - help with parameters?

It should be Previous High Low, logic: position opens below the previous low.

I guess it depends on data of your broker, not really working for me.

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

Forex Software → Forex Strategies → Gap Trading - help with parameters?