forex software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

forex software

Skip to forum content

Forex Software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

Forex Software → Forex Strategies → Why no M1 strategies???

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

Topic: Why no M1 strategies???

I am very new to Forex trading, so excuse the newb in me...I have not seen a single strategy from anyone for M1....why not? Does no one trade the M1??? I like to make fast trades and I would like to come up with a stratedy that suits my trading style....any help is appreciated Thank you!!!!

Re: Why no M1 strategies???

With FSB you can easily generate strategy and also be first who post the 1min strategy;)

jhovany wrote:

I am very new to Forex trading, so excuse the newb in me...I have not seen a single strategy from anyone for M1....why not? Does no one trade the M1??? I like to make fast trades and I would like to come up with a stratedy that suits my trading style....any help is appreciated Thank you!!!!

Many people are at bucket shop brokerages or places that are charging spreads of 2.8 pips per in and out.  For them it would require 5.6 pips per trade just to start getting into the green.

Since you and I both use MB, we went over the total being about 2.6 pips total right now until getting into the green.  That means that each 1 minute move needs to move at least 3 pips from your entry and exit to even be profitable.  Considering that none of our entries in automated trading are going to be spot on for bottoms or tops, the slow parts of the days will be death for a 1 minute strategy constantly entering and exiting unable to ever hit the minimum 5 pip take profit the program provides.

The higher time frame you go the more distinct the direction of a trend is.  In other words, you don't want to have your system automate a short position in the 1 minute when it's clear on the 5 minute chart that it's heading up and just pulling back for a quick minute or two.  Unless the pullback hit's at least 3 pips and goes far enough down for your indicators to close and reverse, most of those will be a losing trade eating away at the gains taken advantage from the bigger 5 minute trend.

Hi there,

I am interested in m1 strategies.  I started a thread and posted a EUR/USD strategy.  Feel free to take a look.  I have made some improvements and will post the next version shortly.

Have a look in the forum, and go to trading strategies.

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

Forex Software → Forex Strategies → Why no M1 strategies???