1 (edited by acharyadas 2010-06-17 11:45:47)

Topic: First day - 27% gain - Strategies attached

http://www.myfxbook.com/widget?id=36654&type=1&color=purple

They are genius for today - we will see in a week.
You can click on the image to see history and all the details.
I used them together today simultaneously (3 strategies in 3 windows).

How my MT4 look like:
http://i614.photobucket.com/albums/tt229/Haridas100/FSB%20forex/th_FST-workbench.jpg

I added one strategy on 17.6 because strategy based on pivots never traded. It was not in attachments. Will see how it will work.

Post's attachments

3-genius-strategies.zip 2.77 kb, 138 downloads since 2010-06-16 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Re: First day - 27% gain - Strategies attached

Does ist really work?
If I put the strategies in the backtest only the starc strategy seems to perform, but seems to be optimized for this period.

Do you have different backtest results?

Re: First day - 27% gain - Strategies attached

The Fischer Strategy has a Stop Loss of 100 Pips?! Wow, that´s what I call NO risk-management;)

Re: First day - 27% gain - Strategies attached

I chose these 3 strategies for specific period and specific currencies based on recent market data. This is my approach which I test now. Please see my other post about approaches when generating the strategies.

I use Interbank FX broker. I read somewhere, that data from different brokers differ. Please see my data attached.

Post's attachments

market.zip 142.58 kb, 48 downloads since 2010-06-16 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Re: First day - 27% gain - Strategies attached

acharyadas wrote:

I chose these 3 strategies for specific period and specific currencies based on recent market data. This is my approach which I test now. Please see my other post about approaches when generating the strategies.

I use Interbank FX broker. I read somewhere, that data from different brokers differ. Please see my data attached.


Can you please tell, what time we should use which strategy to get your result. thanks

Re: First day - 27% gain - Strategies attached

IndianForexTrader wrote:
acharyadas wrote:

I chose these 3 strategies for specific period and specific currencies based on recent market data. This is my approach which I test now. Please see my other post about approaches when generating the strategies.

I use Interbank FX broker. I read somewhere, that data from different brokers differ. Please see my data attached.


Can you please tell, what time we should use which strategy to get your result. thanks

In file names you have currency name and number of minutes (5).

Re: First day - 27% gain - Strategies attached

I didn´t mean to be rude, it´s good to see people sharing their strategies. Anyways, a stop loss of 100 pips is much to high, or are you using a 5 digit broker? Cheers.

Re: First day - 27% gain - Strategies attached

Btw, have you compared the trades FST did with FSB afterwards? Do they match up?

Re: First day - 27% gain - Strategies attached

Maybe we can find a good strategy together, I just use this thread.
In general I think it is possible to create good strategies with MA.
But I didn't find a good one, because
1. When to exit?
2. How to detect non trending markets?

@acharyadas: I used as backtest the provided data from FSB.

Re: First day - 27% gain - Strategies attached

geektrader wrote:

I didn´t mean to be rude, it´s good to see people sharing their strategies. Anyways, a stop loss of 100 pips is much to high, or are you using a 5 digit broker? Cheers.

100 pips is not really high, all depends on strategy , time frame, and money management

Re: First day - 27% gain - Strategies attached

geektrader wrote:

I didn´t mean to be rude, it´s good to see people sharing their strategies. Anyways, a stop loss of 100 pips is much to high, or are you using a 5 digit broker? Cheers.

4 digits. I just TEST the approach and post it here for others. Why fix it if it works?

Re: First day - 27% gain - Strategies attached

Yes, thanks a lot. Amazing, I see your account is continuing to grow like mad. Which of the both GBPUSD strategies you´ve posted is doing the best? And, do the trades FST is doing match up with FSB backtesting if you load the new obtained data into FSB after the trades have been done in FST?

Re: First day - 27% gain - Strategies attached

geektrader wrote:

Yes, thanks a lot. Amazing, I see your account is continuing to grow like mad. Which of the both GBPUSD strategies you´ve posted is doing the best? And, do the trades FST is doing match up with FSB backtesting if you load the new obtained data into FSB after the trades have been done in FST?

I am skeptical (I am 2 years in Forex)

If it will grow like this for a month, I know what to do later:
open small account on live account and test it there.

Re: First day - 27% gain - Strategies attached

Yup:)

Do the trades FST is doing match up with FSB backtesting if you load the new obtained data into FSB after the trades have been done in FST?

Re: First day - 27% gain - Strategies attached

Hi,

On one of my chart, I am getting this error

Library Server Error

Can anybody pls help.. As soon as I drop the EA on the chart, it shows this error.

Re: First day - 27% gain - Strategies attached

acharyadas wrote:

http://www.myfxbook.com/widget?id=36654&type=1&color=purple

They are genius for today - we will see in a week.
You can click on the image to see history and all the details.
I used them together today simultaneously (3 strategies in 3 windows).

How my MT4 look like:
http://i614.photobucket.com/albums/tt229/Haridas100/FSB%20forex/th_FST-workbench.jpg

I added one strategy on 17.6 because strategy based on pivots never traded. It was not in attachments. Will see how it will work.

I think today, there were two trades on EU..One is Fisher... the other one is pivots?

Can you pls share that as well.

Thanks,
Prakash

Re: First day - 27% gain - Strategies attached

IndianForexTrader wrote:
acharyadas wrote:

http://www.myfxbook.com/widget?id=36654&type=1&color=purple

They are genius for today - we will see in a week.
You can click on the image to see history and all the details.
I used them together today simultaneously (3 strategies in 3 windows).

How my MT4 look like:
http://i614.photobucket.com/albums/tt229/Haridas100/FSB%20forex/th_FST-workbench.jpg

I added one strategy on 17.6 because strategy based on pivots never traded. It was not in attachments. Will see how it will work.

I think today, there were two trades on EU..One is Fisher... the other one is pivots?

Can you pls share that as well.

Thanks,
Prakash

Here is the legend for myfxbook comment column:
id 5 = fisher eurusd
id 10 = obos eurusd
id 205 = market gbpusd
id 210 = starc gbpusd

18 (edited by acharyadas 2010-06-18 09:51:04)

Re: First day - 27% gain - Strategies attached

Deleted self-destructed strategies - new updated:

id 5 = beta-eur-usd-5-adx.xml
id 10 = beta-eur-usd-5-ross-hook.xml
id 205 = market gbpusd
id 210 = starc gbpusd

Post's attachments

18-6-2-strategies.zip 1.97 kb, 71 downloads since 2010-06-18 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Re: First day - 27% gain - Strategies attached

acharyadas wrote:

Deleted self-destructed strategies - new updated:

id 5 = beta-eur-usd-5-adx.xml
id 10 = beta-eur-usd-5-ross-hook.xml
id 205 = market gbpusd
id 210 = starc gbpusd

=======

I may as well start in the demo contest while testing these strategies.
http://instaforex.com/contest_forex_sniper_next_week.php
No more updates on this account - maybe after contest.