Re: FSB Wish List - Requested features

simon peter wrote:

hi all,

my name is simon, a new trader here, is anyone can show me how to start trading? thank you.

Simon

I think I would suggest that you use google to find out about trading, the people in this forum are interested in developing ea's and are accomplished traders.

You might have a look at the 'BabyPips' forum.

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....

Is it possible to modify the trailing stop closing point so it trails the lowest of either two or three previous bars as well as just the previous bar

remove outliers

Is it possible to remove outliers from winner trades and keep it in the losing trades

Regards

Could we have an option to make traded lots " as a percent " as a default  because every  time we make a scan we have to go and change it from fixed lot  , could we make that option !!

Another option needed : to add the price chart vertically down to the equity balance chart , this will help us visually to compare the performance of strategy with market conditions" trending or range bond "

regards

Post's attachments

strategy builder idea-2.png 70.87 kb, 2 downloads since 2011-10-12 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Could we have a new filter :  minimum profit per day !!!!

Regards

Is it possible to optimize Stop Loss, Break Even and Take Profit? - these are very basic features.

After generating strategy we run optimization. In the optimization window we set a number parameters (ranges of different values).
The problem is that FSB resets all these values each time - waste time to set them again and again, and again..
- Could you, please, instruct FSB to remember all previously set values? (add a reset-button if necessary)
Another issue - Optimization and Strategy Generation Windows cannot be resized (open them in the full screen), but there useful information which is hidden and need to click them each time in order to swap information. I don't really understand why programmers like to use unresizable windows. Users hate them.
- Maybe you can make them resizable with more information on the screen?

Thanks!

Because there is a 'save' button, you are able to save your parameters on exit.

I find that whatever parameters I have been using re appear the next time I open FSB

Blaiserboy wrote:

Because there is a 'save' button, you are able to save your parameters on exit.

I find that whatever parameters I have been using re appear the next time I open FSB

Please, try the following:
Open Optimizer's window and notice there Minimum / Maximum / Step values. Change them as you like (so they will differ from original). After that run optimizer, stop it, close the window, open Optimizer's window again - all parameters that you previously defined are lost.

if it possible to allow a strategy that depends on the correlation between 2 securities,
for example the daily or hourly or even shorter correlation between S&P index and EURUSD.
Thanks

I'd like an export to MQ4! smile I'd be super curious what would happen with an MQ4 equivalent of an FSB strategy in an MT4 backtest...

Caal wrote:

I'd like an export to MQ4! smile I'd be super curious what would happen with an MQ4 equivalent of an FSB strategy in an MT4 backtest...

What you might do is write an adviser in mql and see what it will show you.

could we make FSB read any .csv file name  !!!!!!!!

Moving Average Crossover

At present we can select the Base price for the moving averages......... and that covers both averages.

Is it possible to revise the indicator so that we can choose a base price for each of the moving averages separately. ie for the fast  use open and for the slow use close.

Thanks for considering this request.

daveM

Blaiserboy wrote:

Moving Average Crossover

At present we can select the Base price for the moving averages......... and that covers both averages.

Is it possible to revise the indicator so that we can choose a base price for each of the moving averages separately. ie for the fast  use open and for the slow use close.

Thanks for considering this request.

daveM

Please see this: http://forexsb.com/forum/post/10725/#p10725

Thanks for that..!!

I would like to see a Indicator editor/compiler so I can add some further entry options on some of the indicators

Im not that good with code but im sure I can figure out the moving average indicator

mixmanmatt wrote:

I would like to see a Indicator editor/compiler so I can add some further entry options on some of the indicators

Im not that good with code but im sure I can figure out the moving average indicator

This project is open source, and the contributors will be pleased to have your assistance.

Blaiserboy wrote:
mixmanmatt wrote:

This project is open source, and the contributors will be pleased to have your assistance.

Really I only have visual basic and I don't know where to get the source code, but now I will take a look to see if I can alter the moving average indicator

mixmanmatt wrote:
Blaiserboy wrote:
mixmanmatt wrote:

Really I only have visual basic and I don't know where to get the source code, but now I will take a look to see if I can alter the moving average indicator

All info is available in this forum, just search, read, learn and code the living daylight out the MA tongue

Start here: http://forexsb.com/forum/forum/38/developers-forum/

footon wrote:
mixmanmatt wrote:
Blaiserboy wrote:

All info is available in this forum, just search, read, learn and code the living daylight out the MA tongue

Start here: http://forexsb.com/forum/forum/38/developers-forum/

Wow I just looked at the code for the moving average oscillator and its way to advanced for me but I would like to see an option to use the indicators along with your own if statements and chart calculations

For example:
You could make it possible for someone to program in a candlestick pattern by inputing code like:
(its a very very very simple way to program a buy hammer)

if

lastcandle1.close > lastcandle1.open  and  lastcandle1.close = lastcandle1.high 

then

buysignal = true
buysignal.price = lastcandle.close

else

buysignal = false

end if
(you could add additional code indicate a tail just by using if statements and simple math)

I know this would be difficult but if you had a system that assigns previous bars a number starting at 1 for the newestest candle and 2, 3, 4 for more past candles.

Current bar in FSB's standard indicators is designated as iBar. If you want previous bar's close, it is Close[iBar-1]. You can code your own custom indis, it's all possible!

I recommend you take a custom Doji indicator (search the forum, you'll find it for sure), and you have a good basis for your project (a buy hammer).

mixmanmatt wrote:

Wow I just looked at the code for the moving average oscillator and its way to advanced for me but I would like to see an option to use the indicators along with your own if statements and chart calculations

For example:
You could make it possible for someone to program in a candlestick pattern by inputing code like:
(its a very very very simple way to program a buy hammer)

if

lastcandle1.close > lastcandle1.open  and  lastcandle1.close = lastcandle1.high 

then

buysignal = true
buysignal.price = lastcandle.close

else

buysignal = false

end if
(you could add additional code indicate a tail just by using if statements and simple math)

I know this would be difficult but if you had a system that assigns previous bars a number starting at 1 for the newestest candle and 2, 3, 4 for more past candles.

Thanks Footon

I would also like to program and make trades based on my own calculation of a fractal

Where should I start with this, I need to know the code to place trades I guess?

mixmanmatt wrote:

Thanks Footon

I would also like to program and make trades based on my own calculation of a fractal

Where should I start with this, I need to know the code to place trades I guess?

Sure you need to know your calculation! I see you really haven't got to grips with the developer's section, there's a technical indicator one also!

There are indicator source codes available (in github, the precise link is in the aforementioned section), totally free to see and use. I understand you want to modify fractal, so you need to look up the fractal (if your calculation and execution of the trade performs similarly to FSB's fractal), and mainly concentrate on the calculation block.

There's a tutorial too for building custom indis.

NEW SUGGESTED FEATURE:

Mirror the daily data and add it on the end of the data to extend the datas range works like this:

Last Candles close becomes new candles open and open becomes close (high/low stay the same)
The candle before the last candles open becomes the close for the next new candle and this continues until all the data is mirrored and run your strategy into the future as if it were the past reversed

This is a good idea because the behaviour of the pair would stay the same but the slopes and carry trades would all be reversed.