Re: FSB Wish List - Requested features

Hello,

Is it possible to include a DukasCopy tick data importer for FSB. There is this easy to use software, DukasCopier which download tick data from Dukascopy and save as a csv file, it is more convenient than opening an account and getting data from JForex. Thank you.

http://eareview.net/download/dukascopier_v0.4.zip

Howdy

A closing logic indicator to have the trade close at a certain distance(pips) from your target.

e.g. you use the R1 resistance as your profit level or a take profit amount but it misses the mark
by 3 pips the logic could close your trade out at X distance.

I think a signal is only good for a certain time, this would alleviate the wait for a bounce down again(or should I say a hope for a bounce and then down again)

Thankyou

Ability to turn on/off the robot for certain times, especially for strategies involving the 1hr timeframe or lower. And also to be able to change the times displayed to match different timezones. What is the default timezone used anyway?

I think FSB should have an option end its optimization process not with optimal winning score based on the whole data set but with optimal winning score on OOS data set only. This is so important!!!

In the Optimizer, I'd a column showing the original values, so I can easy compare them to see what's changed; see how different they are; see if I want to try a medium--for less over-optimization (between pairs/TFS)--etc.

In the Generator, I'd like the ability to save profiles, particularly what I have in mind is the allowed/banned indicators as going through all 4 lists choosing what I want is tedious.

Top 10:
I'd like to be able to view and access the top 10 generated strategies in a similar fashion to how they are displayed in the generator with thumbnails. Tabbing through them with hot keys is "okay" but not great smile

therealdrag0 wrote:

Top 10:
I'd like to be able to view and access the top 10 generated strategies in a similar fashion to how they are displayed in the generator with thumbnails. Tabbing through them with hot keys is "okay" but not great smile

Do you mean in the generator or from within the main application?  If you wait for the generator to finish the run, you can switch between the thumbnails by clicking on each item in the Top 10 list.

ab wrote:
therealdrag0 wrote:

Top 10:

Do you mean in the generator or from within the main application?  If you wait for the generator to finish the run, you can switch between the thumbnails by clicking on each item in the Top 10 list.

I meant outside the generator.

I think one of the most important thing is to make possible to work FST with MT5, because of the future...

I'd like to be able to choose what information is shown in the Additional Statistics panel. I dont like having to regularly pop into the Additional Statistics window to find what I regularly look for.

Thanks.

187 (edited by Sam M. 2012-02-25 18:19:46)

Was thinking it would help to reduce risk for any single trade by allowing customization of the "Next same direction signal behavior-Add" feature under strategy properties.

I've noticed that in some cases strategies can be prone to adding many lots onto an existing position after receiving a number of same direction signals, greatly increasing the risk of any single trade. What I would propose is the ability to limit the total number of additional entries according to the user's preference.

If there is a way to correct for this or it has already been mentioned, my apologies.

Sam M. wrote:

Was thinking it would help to reduce risk for any single trade by allowing customization of the "Next same direction signal behavior-Add" feature under strategy properties.

I've noticed that in some cases strategies can be prone to adding many lots onto an existing position after receiving a number of same direction signals, greatly increasing the risk of any single trade. What I would propose is the ability to limit the total number of additional entries according to the user's preference.

If there is a way to correct for this or it has already been mentioned, my apologies.

Max number of open lots - set it up to your risk tolerance. Or does this feature fail?

what I have also recently reported is that multiple orders per bar are sometimes made in FST, even when the 'enter only once per bar' logic condition is invoked, when the 'Add-same next direction signal' is checked under strategy.  Not sure that happens when  "Winner' is checked, as all my strategies now are, but perhaps it does.  when WTF slope rises condition is also invoked?? max lot setting applies to multiple bar entries, someetimes when they are far apart in time. So Popov may already be looking at this possible bug?

footon wrote:
Sam M. wrote:

Max number of open lots - set it up to your risk tolerance. Or does this feature fail?

Perfect.

Thank you as always footon-I should be paying you.

Sam M. wrote:

Perfect.

big_smile Happy to help!

footon wrote:
Sam M. wrote:

Perfect.

big_smile Happy to help!

Certainly Footon is mastering the software and helping people in many ways..... Great Stuff.!

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....

Take Profit (Closing Point of the Position)

I think that this has a lower limit of 5 pips......

Could that be adjusted to 2 pips........

OR....

How can I adjust it on my copy..?

Thanks

Blaiserboy wrote:

Take Profit (Closing Point of the Position)

I think that this has a lower limit of 5 pips......

Could that be adjusted to 2 pips........

OR....

How can I adjust it on my copy..?

Thanks

You cannot do it easily. You have to chnage the code of the program and to compile it.
I'll probably make some way of overiding integrated indicators by custom ones with the same name. In that case will be possible to make a custom one with lower limit.

That would be great. I thank you for considering that.

Blaiserboy wrote:

That would be great. I thank you for considering that.

I think that many times is necessery to tweak some of the integrated indicators. Probably overiding feature will be useful. I'll add it to the beta version next weak.
Probably Ill announce a new property of a custom indicator: OverideSameNameIndicator = true;

197 (edited by tehcount 2012-03-14 00:09:20)

Simple feature request: Show the Win/Loss Ratio on the screen where you select indicators (open or close). So for example I want to add an indicator parameter, and it will show me the Win/Loss ratio right in that window.. so that I can see the effects of the indicator immediately. Actually it would be nice to have the Win/Loss ratio somewhere on the main screen where you can always see it. When adding indicators it's a really important metric in fine tuning.

Thanks for the great free program.

tehcount wrote:

Simple feature request: Show the Win/Loss Ratio on the screen where you select indicators (open or close). So for example I want to add an indicator parameter, and it will show me the Win/Loss ratio right in that window.. so that I can see the effects of the indicator immediately.

The problem is those who want to see the effects of the indicator immediately, will want to see different statistics (not everyone wants W/L ratio). So if something like this were implemented it would need to be in the form of an "info" button that could expand the "additional statistics page" where the user can check the stat of their choice.

therealdrag0 wrote:
tehcount wrote:

Simple feature request: Show the Win/Loss Ratio on the screen where you select indicators (open or close). So for example I want to add an indicator parameter, and it will show me the Win/Loss ratio right in that window.. so that I can see the effects of the indicator immediately.

The problem is those who want to see the effects of the indicator immediately, will want to see different statistics (not everyone wants W/L ratio). So if something like this were implemented it would need to be in the form of an "info" button that could expand the "additional statistics page" where the user can check the stat of their choice.

I don't care if there are more metrics than just W/L ratio, but having a button to expand statistics isn't much better than what we have currently. It needs to be something you can glance at while adding indicators quickly.

tehcount wrote:

I don't care if there are more metrics than just W/L ratio, but having a button to expand statistics isn't much better than what we have currently. It needs to be something you can glance at while adding indicators quickly.

Hm. Right. Maybe an alternative tab, like the indicator banning list in the Generator, where the user can select the statistics they want shown. Then the stats are shown as an overlay list in the top left of the equity preview. This way the user can choose a few stats and they will be shown right there where you want them immediately view-able, without any extra clutter. Thoughts?

Just to clarify: You said, "main screen" what did you mean by that? On the main screen the ratio is in the account statistics panel.