Re: FSB Wish List - Requested features

Include a data series option within an indicator, which runs the indicator for a certain time frame, and another indicator for a different time frame.

In the Overview , which displays the performance statistics of the strategy, include a "Date Ending" field. I have to scroll down the journal to see the last date. I know I have selected the last date in the date range option, but it would be nice to include this in the performance statistics for a client. Thanks

Feature Request -- option to make the logical groups so Entry Group A can only be closed by Close Group A, and Entry Group B can only be closed Close Group B; ie, the close group only affects the entry group, for however many logical groups you have.

Currently -- Entry Group A can be closed by Close Group A or Close Group B, and Entry Group B can be closed by Close Group A or Close Group B, whichever comes first after the entry.

Goal -- this would allow the user to test 2 (or more) strategies at the same time for a master strategy that could adapt to changing market conditions. Usually a strategy works for a while then fails. I believe this is because the market changes from trending to ranging. I'd like this type of feature so I could develop 2-in-1 strategies, ex, Group A would be a range market signal, and Group B would be a trend market signal.

Capability to export indicator calculations to Excel spreadsheet like the Journal and/or option to include indicator calculations in the journal for export

Capability to export indicator calculations to Excel spreadsheet like the Journal and/or option to include indicator calculations in the journal for export

Try "Export" from the main menu.

Popov, found it! Great news to me! Thank you.

Popov wrote:

Try "Export" from the main menu.

Capability for FSB to not only Generate or Optimize according to strategy, but also according to currency pairs or other assets, commodities or stocks. Granted, this would expotentially increase the processing needs of one's server, but nowadays there are virtual systems could run backtests at very high speeds

I know that this may sound stupid but I would like to request this feathure:
Possibility to reverse buy/sell signals when opening position.

So when there would be signal to open sell position it would instead open buy position.

Waizz wrote:

I know that this may sound stupid but I would like to request this feathure:
Possibility to reverse buy/sell signals when opening position.

So when there would be signal to open sell position it would instead open buy position.

Reverse the logic.

I would like to suggest that the parabolic SAR be made available as  closing logic condition as well as a closing point of position to allow combination with other closing logic conditions (eg. MACD).

Currently the PSAR is only available as "Closing Point of Position"
regards
Dave

I would also like to suggest that "negative numbers" be permitted when using "The OsMA is higher than the level line" logic condition for the Moving Average of Oscillator (OsMA)

Apparently the MACD histogram needs a similar fix
thanks in advance..

Hello Popov (first of all, you are genious)... One thing that i considered really important is to do strategies with a deposit just USD 100 initial . When you want to test the strategy in a real account, everybody wants to began with a small withdraw. Another thing that can be important is that in this FSB version, you can not exceed the maximum allowed number of lots to open if you want. But if you trade with account percentage of your equity, it can lost sense, it would be great if you add an option to limit maximum lots open in relations with equity account. For example: if i limit the maximum lot position to 10% of my equity, the bigger entry position can be 100 if i had 1000 usd of equity, but if my equity is 100000, the limit entry position could be 10000... Thanks for all

Please evaluate my money management propostions. 1. The add feature is quite helpful but it is impossible to get accurate win/losses because FSB combines trades once opened which is wrong. It should handle add trades separately the way it is represented in Metatrader. That is the only way you can get an accurate win loss %. For instance I might have a winning % of 84 but that will be skewed by the misproportionate size of losses because of combined trades. Please note this is only an issue when the add feature is used. I have 2 EA that use this feature but I need to keep up with win/loss % monthly to make sure it stays above a certain #. 2. I would be an awsome money management feature to allow an option to mutliply trading lots(variable) for a certain amount of trades(variable) after a loss. So in the long run your ration/size of winners is greater than losers(if you have a high # of winners vs lossers. For instance over a month you have 30 winners and 3 losers:After the loser, the program allows user to go from .20 lots which was used until loser to .40 (variable) immediately after loser then gradually bring back to .20 after (x) of trades. X would be adjustable. If this improvement is possible, please advise. Best Regards.

Very good job, Popov!

If there is too much to ask, I suggest to include to manage the positions, low averagin, rising averagin and martingale, this will increase our possibility,
Thanks for all

Hello,

be possible to work FSB & FST with 4 digits broker ?

Thank you.

Robinux wrote:

Hello,

be possible to work FSB & FST with 4 digits broker ?

Thank you.

Of course, just open Instrument Editor (Market->Edit instruments) for instrument adding/editing.

One thing that i considered really important is to do strategies with a deposit just USD 100 initial

In FSB v2.57.11.0 the initial account can be set to 100 USD. But doing so, you have to reduce the lot size (in Market-> Edit Instrument) in order to have enough free margin. As per default settings: Lot Size = 100 000 units and Leverage is 1/100. That means that the margin required is 100USD for 0.1 lots of EURUSD (Roughly said. It depends on the current EURUSD rate.)

Regularly I am getting error messages in FSB giving me the option to either quit or continue. I always quit as it is my experience that my computer gives me a black screen and will reboot when I continue. My suggestion is to add a third possibility and enable the user to send a report of the problem(like Microsoft) in order to enable the programming team to look into the matter.

Hello,

It would be nice if we could link together indicators for example by correlation. Let's say RSI is going up and momentum is going up since n periods it's correlation would be high (higher than specified level line?) so this could trigger a signal.

Besides that it would be cool to find divergences between prices and indicators - for example divergence between highs of MACD and close-prices.

Any chance to implement that?

Bye,
erio

Hello again,

would it be possible to plot prices in balance chart? Reason: I don't like strategies which have a balance chart which look pretty like the price chart because this means the strategie wins if prices are rising but looses if prices are falling - especially the latter is nasty ;-)

Bye,
erio

would it be possible to plot prices in balance chart?

This is nice idea. I can make somewhere option to switch on an additional Close Price line on the balance chart. Technically there aren't any problems to implement that.

Regularly I am getting error messages in FSB giving me the option to either quit or continue

This message comes from .NET Framework. It is not part of our projects. We cannot manipulate it.
What we can do is to prevent errors of FSB. To do that we need detailed reports about the error and the circumstances in which it appears. Removing such errors is a priority number one. Currently all known critical bugs are removed and FSB works pretty well on our test systems. We welcome any bug reports, so do not hesitate to write one.

Popov wrote:

Regularly I am getting error messages in FSB giving me the option to either quit or continue

This message comes from .NET Framework. It is not part of our projects. We cannot manipulate it.
What we can do is to prevent errors of FSB. To do that we need detailed reports about the error and the circumstances in which it appears. Removing such errors is a priority number one. Currently all known critical bugs are removed and FSB works pretty well on our test systems. We welcome any bug reports, so do not hesitate to write one.

Actually I have no idea what happens other than I have already written. It just happened again. I will enclose the broker report. Hopefully it provides some insight.

Post's attachments

20110223.log 90.06 kb, 4 downloads since 2011-02-23 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Hi Popov,
After very long time I started to work on some systems because today, Oanda finally enabled mt4 platform. And I need an indicator which would tell the system "not enter more than once every 30min or 1hour". Something very similar to "enter once" indicator. If there is such thing I wold be glad.
Thank you for everything..

Hello,

As you're working on the Analyzer: a very interesting statistical information would be MFE and MAE - see for example and explanation http://www.fibonaccitrader.com/HELP40/Systems/MFE_MAE/default.htm

Best wishes,
erio