Forex Strategy Trader 0.5.0.1 Beta
Requires: Microsoft .NET Framework v2.0, MetaTrader v4
This is an early Beta version. Please send us your feedback.
Please be sure that your system has the latest Microsoft updates.
1. Register an account to a MetaTrader broker. Install MetaTrader.
2. Install Forex Strategy Trader
Two files must be copied in the MetaTrader's folder: MT4-FST Library.dll and MT4-FST Expert.mq4. In normal conditions the installer will copy these files for you. If this operation fails, you have to copy the files manually. Both files are in the program's MetaTrader folder:
• Put MT4-FST Library.dll in C:\Program Files\MetaTrader\experts\libraries folder.
• Put MT4-FST Expert.mq4 in C:\Program Files\MetaTrader\experts folder.
Use the right path for the destination files. The MetaTrader folder may differ depending on your broker. Compile the Expert Advisor after starting the MetaTrader terminal.
1. Start MetaTrader.
You have to make some changes in the MetaTrader settings in Tools - Options - Expert Advisors menu:
- Allow live trading - checked
- Ask manual confirmation - not checked;
- Allow DLL imports - checked;
- Confirm DLL function calls - not checked;
2. Start MT4-FST Expert. If the expert name is printed in gray, you have to compile it.
3. Start Forex Strategy Trader. If everything is OK, it will connect to MT4.
4. Select the chart symbol and period in Forex Strategy Trader (must be the same as the chart that FST EA is loaded on), load a strategy and press "Start Automatic Execution" button.