Topic: Multiple running copies of FST eats CPU and RAM soon

Dear Developers!

First, a big Thank You for this exciting tool.

I experienced not a bug but a possible problem when using FST v1.2.2.0.

I'm experimenting with a lot of (30+) strategies at the same time.
This means the same number of running FST copies.

The problem starts here.
As days elapse the FST copies starts consuming a little more and more CPU time and RAM with every tick received.
With multiple copies running the summarized consumption leads to be running out of free CPU time and/or RAM and the FSTs start crashing one after another.

I believe this caused by the Account tab as data displaying (CPU time) and growing (RAM).
Believe because if I restart MT4 (FSTs automatically disconnecting and reconnecting therefore the Account tab resets) the CPU load and RAM usage reduces to an acceptable level.

My question is:
Is there any way (in the next version) to
- disable the Account tab's content calculating and display by - for example - a checkbox?
- OR -
- disable the Account tab's content calculating (and display if "displayed" invisible in the background) when not active?

By the way now I have a workaround by restarting MT4 via the Task Scheduler every day but I think it's a quite "brute" method to moderate the server load (I'm trading on a VPS with quad-core CPU and 5G RAM).

Many Thanks and Greetings.

Re: Multiple running copies of FST eats CPU and RAM soon

I believe this caused by the Account tab as data displaying (CPU time) and growing (RAM).

This is a reasonable  assumption. The Account chart function accumulates more and more data with every change of the account balance or equity.
We'll try to fix it in next versions.

Hi Mr. Popov,

I just wanted to let you know that I experienced "out of memory" errors too (running 4 instances of FST in a vps server with 500 MB RAM). I'm using version 1.2.2.0 of FST. I've seen that the processes of the FST sometimes consume more than 120 MB RAM (per process!).

Best wishes,
Erio

erio wrote:

Hi Mr. Popov,

I just wanted to let you know that I experienced "out of memory" errors too (running 4 instances of FST in a vps server with 500 MB RAM). I'm using version 1.2.2.0 of FST. I've seen that the processes of the FST sometimes consume more than 120 MB RAM (per process!).

Best wishes,
Erio

120 MB is too much, my average is up to 90 MB per instance. My test computer has 4 GB of ram. System is  stable and running on Windows XP X64.

http://s2.postimage.org/18c4usox0/fst.jpg

In the meantime I noticed even 240 MB for one instance!!! But seconds later it went down to about 30 MB. Looked like it did a Garbage Collection. But unfortunately sometimes my vps has not enough RAM and I get the "Out of Memory" error and the FST crashes.

Bye,
Erio