Re: Users' Questions and Answers

brs14ku wrote:

How do i get a strategy to only trade Long?

Indicator Long or Short.

footon wrote:
brs14ku wrote:

Indicator Long or Short.

Not following....Which part of the menu is this under? I know it's got to be something simple but I don't see it.

brs14ku wrote:
footon wrote:
brs14ku wrote:

Indicator Long or Short.

Not following....Which part of the menu is this under? I know it's got to be something simple but I don't see it.

Look in 'opening logic conditions'

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....

Blaiserboy wrote:
brs14ku wrote:
footon wrote:

Indicator Long or Short.

I've set up a strategy using logic conditions but it is buying long and selling short. I don't see it under there anywhere.

brs14ku wrote:
Blaiserboy wrote:
brs14ku wrote:

I've set up a strategy using logic conditions but it is buying long and selling short. I don't see it under there anywhere.

Click on 'opening logic condition' and read the list, it is there....

Spend a good long time learning about the program, read as much as you can, click on every aspect of the program to see what is in there.... that will save you a lot of time.

ive been trying to test a system but i cant find the way to do it.

the sistem is:

when you have a bull heiken ashi, enter long at the next 3 digit round number, increase position at the next higher 3 digit round number (10 pips away from the first entry), take profit of the first trade at 12 pips from the first trade (2 pips away from the second entry), then enter long again at the next higer 3digit round number, and so on. 

this sounds confusing but is really easy:

is like having buystops at every 10 pips with 12 pips TP for each order, but enter long only at bull heiken ashis,

and sellstops at every 10 pips with 12 pips TP for each order and enter short only when bear heiken ashis.

example:  previous bar is bullish heiken, price is at 1.3034, enter long at 1.304 with 12 pip TP, then enter log again at 1.305 12 pips TP, then long at 1.306, 12 pip TP......... until heiken ashi closes bearish and start trading the other way,

Also, in case price drops and heiken keeps being in the same trend, only enter with buy stop and sell stop and not with buy limit nor sell limit

i do it manually, and im curious if this can be tested with this awesome software.

Unfortunately not, Emilio. Very complex strat for FSB, I'm not even sure if it can be done with custom indis either.

footon wrote:

Unfortunately not, Emilio. Very complex strat for FSB, I'm not even sure if it can be done with custom indis either.

I suggest that he write an EA in MT4 or MT5........ he already has the logic, he just wants to get the code for an EA.

hello I am new to the forex strategy builder i have two logics which i would like to test and trade

First

BUY/LONG AT THE PREVIOUS CANDLE LOW AND TARGET = PREVIOUS CANDLE HIGH
STOP LOSS 2000

SELL/ SHORT AT THE SAME TIME AT THE PREVIOUS CANDLE HIGH AND TARGET = PREVIOUS CANDLE LOW
STOP LOSS 2000

Second

Buy at close of the candle with profit of 10 stop loss 2000
Sell at close of the candle with profit of 10 stop loss 2000

Please advice how can I check this one in the strategy builder.
Thank you.

First one:

A same direction signal - Does nothing
An opposite direction signal - Does nothing
Permanent Stop Loss - 2000
Permanent Take Profit - None

[Opening Point of the Position]
Previous High Low
     Enter long at the previous low
     Base price  -  High and Low
     Vertical shift  -  0

[Closing Point of the Position]
Previous High Low
     Exit long at the previous high
     Base price  -  High and Low
     Vertical shift  -  0

Second one needs more defining in terms of direction, because it's not possible to open opposite direction trades in FSB simultaenously.

hello, i'm new here too. has read various posts and noticed you guys helped a number of people.

can i get some help here ? feeling frustrated.

i would like to build with these logics. is it possible ?

FAST EMA CROSSES SLOW EMA VALUE GOING UPWARD = CLOSE PREVIOUS TRADE AND GO LONG

SLOW EMA CROSSES FAST EMA VALUE GOING DOWNWARD = CLOSE PREVIOUS TRADE AND GO SHORT

TAKE PROFIT - 100 PIPS
STOP LOSS - NIL

thanks.

Use the Moving Average Crossover indicator for crosses, and the Moving Average indi for "value going upward".

163 (edited by masoud28 2011-05-27 12:41:32)

Hi ,
Please Help me for make Stategy for this method .

Time Frame = M15

MA1 = MA36 ; Smoothed ; Close ; shift =0 ;
MA2 =MA36 ; Linear Weighted ; Close , Shift =0 ;
MA3=MA8  ; Simple ; Close ; Shift = 0 ;
MA4=MA8  ; Simple ; Close ; Shift = 1 ;

Tp =10 ; Sl =10

Buy Signal :
IF (MA1 < MA2) and (MA4 < MA2) And (MA2 == MA3)

Sell Signal :
IF (MA1 > MA2) and (MA4>MA2 ) And (MA2 == MA3)

Thanks

Post's attachments

pic.gif 36.72 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

There's no such logic in FSB for this part: (MA2 == MA3). Does it has to equal precisely? Apart from that, use Moving Average Crossover indicator, logic "is higher/lower".

footon wrote:

There's no such logic in FSB for this part: (MA2 == MA3). Does it has to equal precisely? Apart from that, use Moving Average Crossover indicator, logic "is higher/lower".

Hi,
My mean is equal logic .
Thanks

Hello, thank you very very much by program.
I am using FXCM plataform to trade
I wondering there is some way that I can saved the strategy in extension file program "lua" to be used to FXCM plataform, or any other extension file program I can used on it.
Thank you

t1982 wrote:

Hello, thank you very very much by program.
I am using FXCM plataform to trade
I wondering there is some way that I can saved the strategy in extension file program "lua" to be used to FXCM plataform, or any other extension file program I can used on it.
Thank you

FXCM has Metatrader

168 (edited by Clew 2011-07-09 14:20:02)

Hi,

Just wondering, if one is able to get positive and consistent results in most of the timeframes from both interpolation methods, optimistic and pessimistic, does that mean that the system has a very high profitability chance in live trading? If not, what would cause it to fail?

If the above is true, but has a large amount of ambiguous bars, 2250 out of 20000 bars. Will it still be accurate?

And, is it safe to assume that both 'random' and nearest' are about the same(priority in closing nearest position) and that it is fine to remove 'random' when using the comparator to calculate the average balance?

thanks  smile

Clew wrote:

Hi,

Just wondering, if one is able to get positive and consistent results in most of the timeframes from both interpolation methods, optimistic and pessimistic, does that mean that the system has a very high profitability chance in live trading? If not, what would cause it to fail?

If the above is true, but has a large amount of ambiguous bars, 2250 out of 20000 bars. Will it still be accurate?

And, is it safe to assume that both 'random' and nearest' are about the same(priority in closing nearest position) and that it is fine to remove 'random' when using the comparator to calculate the average balance?

thanks  smile

You should pay attention how many trades there are compared to ambig. bars, if you have say 1500 trades and 2250 ambig. bars, then it doesn't look good, it means the backtest is not to be trusted completely. If you change interpolation methods, and the number of ambig. bars is not reduced, it is very difficult to state whether the strat works or not. It is always a good idea to test it live on a demo account.

Hi Popov,
you did a great job! But trying to implement my own meta4 custom indies , I could not do it. Is there a possibility to do it ?  roll
Thanks Wolf

Wolf check this link for more info Developers Resources.

Hi Popov
thanks or the link... but I must confess that I am absolutely not able to do something with sourcecodes and programming. So I only wanted to implement my custom indies into the program. Please tell me how I could do that, if possible,
Thanks Wolf sad

If you speak about mql4 indicators from MT, you cannot use them in FSB / FST. This indicators have to be rewritten in C#. If you need them post a request in Technical Indicators forum, describe the indicators logic and formulas, attach mql code and someone may be interested to rewrite them for you.

How can I have a Scanned MQ with near 100% quality?

I believe that it is of extreme importance a greater quality in modeling tests. As for example in MT4, with a 99% modeling, already here in FSB my biggest modeling was Scanned MQ 57.72%. Downloaded the historical data by TrueFX and still can't get a better modeling.

Unless the Scanned MQ, differs from MT4 modeling, wanting to believe that the first is better than the second.