forex software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

forex software

Skip to forum content

Forex Software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

(Page 3 of 4)

Forex Software → Express Generator → Express Generator - Wish List

Pages Previous 1 2 3 4 Next

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

Re: Express Generator - Wish List

Hi Popov, I had 1 suggestion.

Instead of using indicators for both entry and exit, modify it such that it could be specifically used for entry/exit. The way it is in EA Studio.

The settings could be like:

; Indicators used by the Generator: EntryAndExit, EntryOnly, ExitOnly, False(or neither)
ind_accelerator_oscillator           = EntryAndExit
ind_accumulation_distribution     = EntryOnly
ind_adx                                     = ExitOnly
ind_alligator                               = False

This will help with more control in strategy generation. Like EA Studio.

I exactly believe that this would be fantastic because in the Express generator, even the no use exit option is checked, which in this case should cause the orders to only close either at their tp or at their stop, the indicators still continue closing the orders while the strategies generated are not the studio only really close at TP or stop loss

Hey Popov,
Would really appreciate "Minimum bars in trade %" as acceptance criteria in express generator. Thanks.

sir popov the idea of iamgreatest
and it's really valid since I was in no way able to make express generate strategies that would only come out in tp or stop. I reinforce the idea of implementing this unless you already have this functionality hidden in the software in some way

> I was in no way able to make express generate strategies that would only come out in tp or stop.

There is no such possibility currently. I'll think of the best way to implement it.
Probably it will be a good idea to have two sets of indicator settings. One for entries, and one for Exits.
We will be able to disable all exit indicators, except a "Do not exit" indicator.

"We will be able to disable all exit indicators, except a "Do not exit" indicator."

Yes this would be excellent.

Mr Popov, would help a lot to have different indicators set specifically for entry and exit if possible.
If not possible without a complete design overhaul then only a option to disable exit indicators in favor of only "Do not exit" will also be helpful.

It really is essential to be able to exit on SL or TP ONLY (without any use of exit indicators).  This has been requested many times now and I am asking as well.  Unfortunately until this is done I can't really use any of the EAs in live trading.

Dear Mr. Popov,

I hope this message finds you well. I am aware that your schedule is quite busy with the ongoing updates. However, at your convenience, I would like to request your attention for a review of Express Generator, specifically regarding the unique exit functionality for TP (Take Profit) and Stop.

Furthermore, it would be highly beneficial if we could consider implementing a feature that allows the addition of custom indicators. This would allow us to configure the output only for TP and Stop, as suggested by a colleague previously, which I believe is an excellent idea.

Thank you in advance for your time and consideration.

Hi Papov,

Any news on this highly requested update to Express Generator?  It seems many people would like to have this feature.  Appreciate any news or update on status. 

Many thanks.

coronado5000 wrote:

It really is essential to be able to exit on SL or TP ONLY (without any use of exit indicators).  This has been requested many times now and I am asking as well.  Unfortunately until this is done I can't really use any of the EAs in live trading.

61 (edited by geektrader 2024-05-29 17:57:13)

coronado5000 wrote:

Hi Papov,

Any news on this highly requested update to Express Generator?  It seems many people would like to have this feature.  Appreciate any news or update on status. 

Many thanks.

coronado5000 wrote:

This is only possible in EA Studio right now, because Express Generator doesn´t use a separate list for entry/exit indicators. In EA Studio you can simply select the "Do Not Exit" indicator as the only exit indicator, as well as setting the max exit indicators slots during strategy generation to 1. Then the strategy will only exit on SL or TP.

geektrader wrote:
coronado5000 wrote:

Hi Papov,

Many thanks.

coronado5000 wrote:

This is already possible in EA Studio and Express Generator. Simply use "ind_do_not_exit = true" in Express Generator or the "Do Not Exit" indicator in EA Studio, then the strategy will only exit on SL or TP.

Thanks for your reply, have you actually tried doing this with success in Express Generator?  I am doing exactly as you say ("ind_do_not_exit = true") and still get exit indicators.  Maybe someone could upload a verified ini file that produces no exits by indicators and I can compare to mine to see what I am doing wrong.  I would love to get this working.  Many thanks.

63 (edited by coronado5000 2024-05-29 15:57:37)

... or this is my ini file, what am I doing wrong, I don't get it.

Post's attachments

AUDCAD_H1_GEN.ini 10.91 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

You are right, my fault! Express Generator currently doesn´t allow the selection of separate entry and exit indicators, so your idea is only possible in EA Studio at the moment. I´ve corrected my previous answer to reflect that. And I am also looking forward to that feature in Express Generator.

Mr Popov,

As I understand, the separate entry and/or exit options for each indicator is hard to implement in express generator as it currently stands, Can you instead please add the functionality of "Preset Indicators" as is present in EA Studio.

With this option, we can set max_exit_indicator to 1 and preset "Do Not Exit" as exit indicator. This would solve the problem.

Thanks

> As I understand, the separate entry and/or exit options for each indicator is hard to implement in express generator

It is not hard to implement. However, I'm thinking about how to make it backwards compatible with the current settings.

It may work in the following way:
- Separate settings for entry and exit indicators are needed. Example:

entry_accelerator_oscillator       = true
entry_accumulation_distribution    = false
entry_adx                          = true
exit_accelerator_oscillator       = true
exit_accumulation_distribution    = false
exit_adx                          = true

- Remove current indicator settings
- If we have custom settings files with the current settings, act as if they set both entry and exit usage

// Porting old settings
ind_macd_signal                  = true

// Will set
entry_macd_signal                = true
exit_macd_signal                 = true

I'll test this idea and will provide an update soon.

"It's truly something most of us have been waiting for a long time. It would be a dream to simply leave it running on the VPS with all strategies exiting only at the take profit or stop loss. This is especially crucial for my grid trading method, as it is indispensable. Even when I add a new trading day after the strategy creation, it is in the middle of a series of grids, and then suddenly the indicator simply closes it. If I simply replace the exit indicator in the code with the native one, the results are never the same as the backtest. I am closely tied to only using the expert advisor Studio site precisely because it is the only one that produces strategies in this model."

Popov wrote:

I'll test this idea and will provide an update soon.

That would be perfect.

I started the work on separating the entry and exit indicator usage options.

In the meantime, I started some code cleaning and refactoring of the Express Generator's indicators.
I'll be ready tomorrow with that.
Then, I'll finish the options and will test how they work.

I'll publish the new features on the weekend.

You have heard our prayers, thank you, Mr. Popov

Hello, Mr. Popov.

I would like to inquire  whether it is possible to utilize the video card for processing tasks. Since it's significantly faster than the processor, this could potentially improve performance.

If it is possible, I would be grateful if you could instruct me on how to do so.

In the event that it is not currently supported, I would like to suggest adding this functionality to your program in a future update.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Mr Popov, could you please also provide support for time frames in a future update? I myself attempted to implement this manually, but I am not certain if I did it correctly because I have no way to verify if a specific change is valid or not

PERIOD.JS

"use strict";

const {color} = require("./color");

const periodMinutes  = [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 10, 12, 15, 20, 30, 60, 120, 180, 240, 360, 480, 720, 1440, 10080];
const periodTags     = ["M1", "M2", "M3", "M4", "M5", "M6", "M10", "M12", "M15", "M20", "M30", "H1", "H2", "H3", "H4", "H6", "H8", "H12", "D1", "W1"];
const periodTagToMin = {
    M1: 1, M2: 2, M3: 3, M4: 4, M5: 5, M6: 6, M10: 10, M12: 12, M15: 15, M20: 20, M30: 30,
    H1: 60, H2: 120, H3: 180, H4: 240, H6: 360, H8: 480, H12: 720, D1: 1440, W1: 10080
};
const periodMinToTag = {
    1: "M1", 2: "M2", 3: "M3", 4: "M4", 5: "M5", 6: "M6", 10: "M10", 12: "M12", 15: "M15", 20: "M20", 30: "M30",
    60: "H1", 120: "H2", 180: "H3", 240: "H4", 360: "H6", 480: "H8", 720: "H12", 1440: "D1", 10080: "W1"
};

/**

> Mr Popov, could you please also provide support for time frames in a future update?

I'm going to stick to the standard timeframes for now.

Okay, you're right, just the implementation of the no exit Indicator would already help. Hours of work currently to make it work I generate 1 million random strategies with the o no exit in the and the studio low the collection is I load in express and the only way I found to produce strategy that comes out only in TP and stop but I am limited to the random collections that do not always adapt to the pair

Mr Popov, I would love to see these settings added to Express Generator Acceptance criteria if possible:-

1] "max_count_of_trades"
2] "min_average_position_length"
3] "max_average_position_length"

Also I'd appreciate if anybody can clarify the following questions for me:-

1] The "min_profit" in acceptance criteria is NetProfit in EA Studio right, net of all spread, swaps and commissions?
2] What does "optimize_protections" mean in Optimizer, does it mean Acceptance criteria will be followed while optimizing?

Thanks

Pages Previous 1 2 3 4 Next

You must login or register to post a reply

Forex Software → Express Generator → Express Generator - Wish List