forex software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

forex software

Skip to forum content

Forex Software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

Forex Software → Express Generator → Express generator running on Zorin (Linux)

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

Topic: Express generator running on Zorin (Linux)

Hi,
Got a small issue, managed eventually to get powershell running, with Node js and express generator installed. For some reason if I call a script such as get data in the format of: -
ITLE Data Downloader

node .\bin\fetch.js ^
  --fx-rates true   ^
  --symbols  EURUSD USDJPY GBPUSD ^
  --periods  M1 M5 M15 M30 H1 H4 D1 ^
  --max-bars 200000 ^
  --time-zone  0

pause
I get an error of PS /home/andrew/express-generator> ./updatedata.ps1                             ParserError: /home/andrew/express-generator/updatedata.ps1:2
Line |
   2 |    -- fx-rates  true ^
     |      ~
     | Missing expression after unary operator '--'.

However if I run like this  from another ps script it works "# Fetch Data BlackBull

node ./bin/fetch.js --fx-rates true --symbols  EURUSD USDJPY GBPUSD --periods  M1 M5 M15 M30 H1 H4 D1 --max-bars 200000  --time-zone +2 --server BlackBull

pause

So I am thinking its an issue with new lines or carriage returns, I've tried various delimeters however if all the command string is not on a single line it will error.
Any ideas to help?
Best wishes,
Andrew.

Re: Express generator running on Zorin (Linux)

Hello my friend, how are you? I'm sending you exactly in this post the working file, just place it in the same folder as the Generator and give it 2 clicks. Something else, I also advise you, as a user who uses this tool a lot, that you use the import script. of data from the MP 5 itself so that you can then download your data from your own broker, this will enable you to use indicators so that this volume strategy creation

Don't forget to change the folder where the imported jazon files are located. Using the MP 5 script, you can change this folder within the Express generator configuration files

Post's attachments

oos-workflow.cmd 504 b, 3 downloads since 2024-03-21 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Thanks for the response. I take it you are running this on a Windows based system because you are using a 'cmd' command?
I am running in a Zorin terminal window where I have loaded powershell and then calleing node js.
Thanks, Andrew.

ParserError: /home/andrew/express-generator/updatedata.ps1:2
Line |
    2 |    -- fx-rates  true ^

In PowerShell, you can use the backtick character (`) to create a multiline command. The backtick acts as a line continuation character, allowing you to split a single command across multiple lines for better readability. Here’s how you can use it:

node .\bin\fetch.js `
  --fx-rates true   `
  --symbols  EURUSD USDJPY GBPUSD `
  --periods  M1 M5 M15 M30 H1 H4 D1 `
  --max-bars 200000 `
  --time-zone  0

You see the error because the caret character (^) does not work for joining a multiline command. What happens is that PowerShell sees the first line as one command and the second line as a new command.

Carret character (^) works in the Windows command scripts (with .cmd extension).

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

Forex Software → Express Generator → Express generator running on Zorin (Linux)