1 (edited by Alann 2023-12-01 13:16:07)

Topic: Strategy Properties

Add Short Only to Trade Direction in EA Studio.

Re: Strategy Properties

Yes that would be great

3 (edited by ViniQ 2023-12-22 14:02:50)

Dear traders, I would like to propose a new approach for your trading strategies.

Go to "Tools > Preset Indicators" and specify your preset Entry rules for generator.
Select the indicator titled "Long or Short" with the option "Open short positions only"

https://i.imgur.com/obSv8Cj.png

Utilizing preset indicators is an excellent way to customize your strategy by incorporating specific, pre-established indicators for optimized performance for Generator.

Best regards

Vinicius Pereira, Portuguese Support.
Improve your trading with my strategies & signals on MQL5. High success rate & many followers. Check them out & join my EAS telegram group for updates.

Interesting, thank you very much Vinícius had not yet understood the concept of long or short as a form of indicator

@ViniQ,

Anytime I use the presettings rules I get way less strategies.
Very often no one :-)

Does it mean that the generator use that rule as dominant, a Kind of “MUST” use, for each generation?
Thanks
Vincenzo

> Does it mean that the generator use that rule as dominant, a Kind of “MUST” use, for each generation?

Yes, the Generator does precisely that.

We pre-set particular indicators instead of letting the Generator find them.

When we have pre-set indicators, the Generator only generates new ones for the available slots.
For example, if you have two preset Exit indicators and set the Generator to use 3 "Max exit indicators", it will be able to find only one additional exit indicator.

Clear, thx !