Topic: Additional candles on the chart

Hello friends. After downloading the daily data from EUR/USD and importing it into MetaTrader 4, there are now extra candles on market holidays unlike the original chart from Brokerman. Please guide me to solve this problem. Thank you.

Post's attachments

Screenshot 2023-10-05 164215.jpg 256.71 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

Screenshot 2023-10-05 165020.jpg 179.37 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Re: Additional candles on the chart

The Premium Data are compiled from Dukascopy ticks. We do not modify them.

> Please guide me to solve this problem.

I may add an option for skipping the Sunday bars upon export.

It is an interesting request. Thank you!

While thanking you for your response, I would like to inform you that this happens at all times and mostly on Saturdays and Sundays. Is it possible to leave an option to solve this problem in the next few days? Of course, I know that this may not be a force majeure for you, but since I am in a hurry, do I have any hope of solving it?

If you think for a moment it is possible to figure out that the problem comes from timezone setting. So, change the timezone and your problem magically disappears.

If so that would be really great, please guide me with the time zone and broker specifications I have specified below, what time zone should I apply in the time zone settings when downloading market data?

Now the clock in Market Watch Meta 4 Broker shows me 18:54 and the Windows system shows 19:24.

Added a new option to the Settings page: "Include Sunday data".

When you switch it off, the Data Download app will remove the Sunday bars.

> Now the clock in Market Watch Meta 4 Broker shows me 18:54 and the Windows system shows 19:24.

Your information is insufficient to advise what time zone shift to set. It is because we don't know the timezone of your broker. Your local time (Windows) doesn't matter.

It is easy to set the timezone correctly with the following trick:

1. Load data in the Data Download app and go to the Chart. Let it be EURUSD H1 chart.
2. Load the same chart in your MetaTrader.
3. Choose some significant bar that you can recognise in both charts.
4. See what the open time of the bar in both applications is.
5. Try to guess the timezone direction. The actual value will be the difference between the bar's time in both apps.
6. Set the timezone shift in the Data Download app and recheck the charts. Repeat it until you see the same bar with the same open time in both apps.

Thank you for your efforts and I would like to inform you that since this issue is not yet resolved for some time zones, please enable this option for Saturday as well.

> please enable this option for Saturday as well.

That is a very good point!

Now, the app removes Saturday bars for al timezone settings. This is independent of the "Incluse Sunday data" option.

I'll add the "remove Saturday" functionality in EA Studio and FSB Pro also.

This was the best news I received today and I am very happy that you respect your users and the Traderi community and respond quickly to their needs. I wish you and your colleagues health and wealth.

It appeared that permanently removing Saturday bars was a bad idea.  It did not work well for Crypto markets.

I added an option named "Include Saturday data", which is on by default.

Thank you, I would like to inform you that after doing a lot of research and matching with other platforms that provide historical data, I have come to the conclusion that just by adding the daylight saving time format ( uses DST  ) by you, in addition to the existing options,This problem will be solved from the root.

Example :

1- New York ( UTC+2 / UTC+3 ) ( USES DST )

2- New York ( NO DST )

12 (edited by Blaster79 2023-11-23 22:47:15)

+1 Popov please solve this issue by implementing DST. Actually, whatever timezone i choose both in Historical Forex Data or EA Studio using premium data, backtest results are totally unreliable if using "close at friday close" at, for example, 23:00.

My broker is running on GMT+2 but switch to GMT+3 during DST time.

If i set now GMT+2 on EA Studio i got trades opened in August and closed in November because in Aug-Sep-Oct every Friday bars stops at 22:00 and the next bar is on sunday at 23:00. So the friday close is working correctly only during GMT+2 months.

The only solution so far is exporting data from your broker in MT4.