forex software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

forex software

Skip to forum content

Forex Software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

Forex Software → Expert Advisor Studio → Account currency conversions

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

1 (edited by timelleston 2022-07-23 13:20:37)

Topic: Account currency conversions

Just a question really...
I loaded back data from MT5 / Broker is Markets.com and I had a slight difference in the EA results on EURUSD, with an account currency of AUD, and I wondered whether you use a fixed point in time for the conversion back to AUD against each trade (i.e one conversion rate for all trade P/Ls), or, do you use the trade-time conversion rate for the conversion back to AUD (i.e each P/L is converted back to AUD at the then-current exchange rate)?

Thanks
T

Re: Account currency conversions

EA Studio tries to covert the deals' profit/loss to the account currency in the best way.
EA Studio preloads conversion rates for most of the used currency pairs.

The following cases are covered:

1. when profit/loss is calculated in the account currency, then the conversion rate is: 1
  For example, we do not need to convert the profit when we trade EURUSD, and our account is in USD.
Another example is when trade Dowe Jones and our account is in USD.

2. When the trading couple's base currency is our account currency, then the conversion rate is bar's Open.
For example, when we trade EURUSD and our account is in EUR, EA Studio uses the deal's Open price to convert the profit from USD to EUR.

3. When we have an Fx rate: AccCurrency + PriceIn.
Example: we trade USDJPY and an account in EUR. Then we use a fixed rate EURJPY.

4. When we have an Fx rate: Pricein+AccCurrency. Then we use a fixed rate: 1/FxRate(Pricein+AccCurrency).

5. When we have an Fx rate: BaseCurrency+PriceIn, Then we use a fixed rate: FxRate(BaseCurrency+PriceIn)

6. When we have an Fx rate: AccCurrency+BaseCurrency, then we use: Open * FxRate(AccCurrency+BaseCurrency)

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

Forex Software → Expert Advisor Studio → Account currency conversions