forex software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

forex software

Skip to forum content

Forex Software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

Forex Software → Expert Advisor Studio → Entry Time Indicator overwrites session times for trade exits

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

1 (edited by geektrader 2022-01-07 02:25:28)

Topic: Entry Time Indicator overwrites session times for trade exits

Hi Mr. Popov,

I´ve found a complex issue: if the times of the Entry indicator collide with the session times set in the Settings section, trade exits are being triggered out of the session time. Interestingly this only affects trade exits, trade entries are NOT taken out of the session times of the settings section. Please see the attached screenshots for clarification.

2 (edited by geektrader 2022-01-07 02:27:34)

Re: Entry Time Indicator overwrites session times for trade exits

Screenshot #1

Session times are configured from 01:00 - 23:59 for every day of the week.

https://forexsb.com/forum/misc.php?action=pun_attachment&item=4631&download=0

Post's attachments

Untitled.png 259.66 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

3 (edited by geektrader 2022-01-07 02:28:42)

Screenshot #2

Yet, trades are being exited at 24:00, although this is out of the session times.

https://forexsb.com/forum/misc.php?action=pun_attachment&item=4632&download=0

Post's attachments

Untitled2.png 327.94 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

4 (edited by geektrader 2022-01-07 02:36:17)

Screenshot #3

The "Entry Time" indicator is configured to open trades within the time of 21:00 to 00:59. These settings have been obtained by the Generator, and although I agree that this makes no sense, the configured session times from the Settings dialog are still correctly regarded - no trade entries are taken between 00:00 and 00:59. However, trade exits are taken between 00:00 and 00:59, although this is clearly out of the global session times in the Settings dialog - as you can see in Screenshot #2. So it seems that the Entry Time indicator is not overwriting the global session times for trade entries, but for trade exits! Once configuring the "Entry Time" Indicator to trade between 21:00 to 23:59 instead of 21:00 to 00:59, the wrong exits at 24:00 disappear completely.

https://forexsb.com/forum/misc.php?action=pun_attachment&item=4633&download=0

This clearly seems to be a bug, because the global session times from the Settings dialog should always overwrite any times configured in the "Entry Times" indicator, for entries *and* exits.

Thank you.

Post's attachments

Untitled3.png 454.29 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

Thank you for the report.

What you notices would be a very rude bug. I'll tried to reproduce it but everything was fine.

At first glance found that the Report's journal localizes the Time (applies local time zone shift when converting the timestep to string). Now changed the code to always use the "2021-05-23 19:20" UTC format.

Please reload EA Studio and check the same setup. We can compare the new version with the old screenshots. It is possible to have all times shifted in the Journal table and some other places (Indicator Chart dynamic info...)

If it confirms, it means the bug is in the visual representation only.
If not, we will find and kill it.

6 (edited by geektrader 2022-01-07 15:12:44)

Thanks for looking into it, the issue still exists, but now the exit time is not called 24:00, but 00:00 instead. Please see the screenshot.

https://forexsb.com/forum/misc.php?action=pun_attachment&item=4634&download=0

I´ve emailed you the strategy + settings to recreate the issue. I hope it can be fixed.

By the way, the export MT5 strategy does *not* close anything at 00:00 (using the same data of course), everything is fine there, it´s just within EA Studio. Of course, the trades between EA Studio and MT5 do differ because of that reason. But that should be no problem once the bug is fixed in EA Studio, they should align again.

Thank you :-)

P.S.: Please take a look at the Stochastic "Slowing" decimal bug, that´s a very serious one that needs to be fixed first I think: https://forexsb.com/forum/post/67485/#p67485

Post's attachments

Untitled.png 347.72 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

The Session Time was overridden by the "Opposite entry signal" = Reverse.

I uploaded a fix.

Ah OK! Looks like it´s fixed! Thank you very much.

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

Forex Software → Expert Advisor Studio → Entry Time Indicator overwrites session times for trade exits