forex software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

forex software

Skip to forum content

Forex Software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

(Page 6 of 7)

Forex Software → Technical Indicators → Footon's indi corner

Pages Previous 1 4 5 6 7 Next

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

126 (edited by tims3057 2018-02-03 12:58:10)

Re: Footon's indi corner

footon wrote:

Fixed ATR Trailing Stop.

Hi Footon after generating strategies in the FSB with the ATR trailing stop , when I try to "Save As Expert Advisor" it says "cannot find the following indicator:ATR Trailing Stop.Expert Advisor is not exported.Cannot create the expert file as seen in the screenshots I have attached.How do I fix this?I will be very pleased if you point me in the right direction.

https://s17.postimg.org/fwr2462nf/ATRrailing_Stop.png

https://s17.postimg.org/7frjsqanv/ATREAnotworking.png

Put the attached file in the following folder: Forex Strategy Builder Pro\User Files\MT4 Files\MQL\Forexsb.com\Custom

Post's attachments

ATRTrailingStop.mqh 9.3 kb, 68 downloads since 2018-02-03 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Thank you very much footon.I will do as you say.I really appreciate your help.Green pips to you Good Sir.

footon wrote:

Put the attached file in the following folder: Forex Strategy Builder Pro\User Files\MT4 Files\MQL\Forexsb.com\Custom

Thank you footon for your hardwork and dedication to this forum and for your kindness and generosity..I am still trying to understand how your ATR trailing stop indicator works?Does it work like any normal ATR indicator?It will be great if you can explain in simple terms how your ATR trailing stop indicator works.Thank you and green pips to you Good Sir.

footon wrote:

Fixed ATR Trailing Stop.

hi footon! how are you?

I wanna ask you a question, I try to do a indicator for DEMA, but Im not a good programer and I the end, I cant.. I try to modifie and usage as example one indicator  that you do time ago, the "EmaPredictive MA Crossover.cs", without success.

and I wanna ask you if you probably already have DEMA or TEMA in your collection.

thanks!

Hi Footon

Current fractal stop is working as a "Closing Point of the Position" which is very limited.
Please could you modify the existing fractal indicator to make it work as a "Closing logic condition."
https://github.com/PopovMP/FSB_Pro_Indi … Fractal.cs

How's this for that purpose?

https://forexsb.com/forum/post/20890/#p20890

Thats excellent smile

Could you also provide a mqh code of the indicator.

footon wrote:

How's this for that purpose?

https://forexsb.com/forum/post/20890/#p20890

I'll do it in due time.

Better late than never.

Attached modified fractal indi, FractalM with corresponding .mqh. Report problems if any.

Post's attachments

FractalM.cs 22.82 kb, 43 downloads since 2020-01-11 

FractalM.mqh 15.88 kb, 41 downloads since 2020-01-11 

Zenoni pointed out that Choppiness Index is behaving contrary to its principle. He is correct!

But while looking through my indi archive, I found out that I already have corrected the indicator, but for some reason the repository has the initial version.

I will post the corrected one here, I assume I have done this before already. But the question is whether I should designate the "correct" version as V2. Probably a lot of users are using the initial one and there might be reliance to that particular version, the fact it works oppositely to the way it is supposed to work doesn't mean it cannot be used profitably.

So, if there are no opposing voices, I will rename the "true to the principle" version as V2 and upload it to the repo in the near future.

Post's attachments

Choppiness Index.cs 11.8 kb, 47 downloads since 2020-01-11 

ChoppinessIndex.mqh 6.04 kb, 35 downloads since 2020-01-11 

Geat thanks smile

I will start testing the indicators.

footon,

I have written some EA using the Adaptable MACD indicator, in some instances is great in others it does not make sense .

I have tray to compare it to the regular MACD but not a clue .:(

Since you wrote this indicator could you please send me logic behind it so I will be able to use it properly.

Thank you.

Following a simple EA using the Adaptable MACD( but the results are too good or too bad- but the logic dos not follow the execution on the EA - which make me think that there is something wrong, or I do not know what I am doing):
Logic
Opening (Entry Signal)
Open a new long position at the beginning of the bar when the following logic condition is satisfied:

Adaptable MACD* (Exponential, Close, Simple, 26, 12, 9); the MACD line rises [EURUSD H4].
Open a new short position at the beginning of the bar when the following logic condition is satisfied:

Adaptable MACD* (Exponential, Close, Simple, 26, 12, 9); the MACD line falls [EURUSD H4].
Closing (Exit Signal)
Close an existing long position at the end of the bar when the following logic condition is satisfied:

Adaptable MACD (Exponential, Close, Simple, 26, 12, 9); the MACD line falls [EURUSD H4].
Close an existing short position at the end of the bar when the following logic condition is satisfied:

Adaptable MACD (Exponential, Close, Simple, 26, 12, 9); the MACD line rises [EURUSD H4].
Handling of Additional Entry Signals**
Entry signal in the direction of the present position:

No averaging is allowed. Cancel any additional orders which are in the same direction.
Entry signal in the opposite direction:

No modification of the present position is allowed. Cancel any additional orders which are in the opposite direction.
Trading Size
Always trade a constant number of lots.

Opening of a new position - 0.01 lots.

I don't follow your question at the moment, please give more details. Are you reporting a bug or misbehaviour? What it is about then?

In regard to logics, no custom logic conditions involved, everything as in standard indicators. If you want to know how it is calculated, read here -> https://github.com/PopovMP/FSB_Pro_Indi … aseCalc.cs
Start from line 250.

You can open indicator file as well, look up what kind of logic method is called and go on from there, it's easy actually.

I encoutered an issue with Ichi M indicator. I try to use this indicator in Closing Logic Condition. I exported the strategy into MT4 and after I attached the strategy int MT4 chart I will get this error:

2022.01.02 10:12:47.156    12950_USDJPY_30min USDJPY,M30: 12950_USDJPY_30min loaded.
2022.01.02 10:12:47.161    12950_USDJPY_30min USDJPY,M30: Loading data: USDJPY,M30, Minimum bars: 88...
2022.01.02 10:12:47.162    12950_USDJPY_30min USDJPY,M30: array out of range in '12950_USDJPY_30min.mq4' (3882,27)
2022.01.02 10:12:47.163    12950_USDJPY_30min USDJPY,M30: not initialized
2022.01.02 10:12:47.163    12950_USDJPY_30min USDJPY,M30: uninit reason 8
2022.01.02 10:12:47.165    Expert 12950_USDJPY_30min USDJPY,M30: removed€€€€€

footon wrote:

Ichi M is fully functional now, mqh version included. Please test it out and report any issues.

zenoni wrote:

I encoutered an issue with Ichi M indicator. I try to use this indicator in Closing Logic Condition. I exported the strategy into MT4 and after I attached the strategy int MT4 chart I will get this error:

2022.01.02 10:12:47.156    12950_USDJPY_30min USDJPY,M30: 12950_USDJPY_30min loaded.
2022.01.02 10:12:47.161    12950_USDJPY_30min USDJPY,M30: Loading data: USDJPY,M30, Minimum bars: 88...
2022.01.02 10:12:47.162    12950_USDJPY_30min USDJPY,M30: array out of range in '12950_USDJPY_30min.mq4' (3882,27)
2022.01.02 10:12:47.163    12950_USDJPY_30min USDJPY,M30: not initialized
2022.01.02 10:12:47.163    12950_USDJPY_30min USDJPY,M30: uninit reason 8
2022.01.02 10:12:47.165    Expert 12950_USDJPY_30min USDJPY,M30: removed€€€€€

Attach the EA also, please.

142 (edited by zenoni 2022-01-02 10:24:46)

Attach the EA also, please.

Post's attachments

12950_USDJPY_30min.mq4 325.86 kb, 9 downloads since 2022-01-02 

Hello Footon and Zenoni,

Happy New Year!

Zenoni,
I cannot find the "Ichimoku Kinko Hyo M" indicator to test it in FSB Pro and to re-export the expert.

I confirm the "array out of range" error in MetaTrader. However, please update your FSB Pro copy to v 3.8.10.
We fixed some related issues there. If the bug remains, we will find and fix it.

Happy New Year!

Ichimoku Kinko Hyo M is a custom indicator created by Footon, you can find the indicator under this link:
https://forexsb.com/forum/post/31971/#p31971

I exported the strategy again using FSB 3.8.10.0, but the problem is still persist sad

Popov wrote:

Hello Footon and Zenoni,

Happy New Year!

Zenoni,
I cannot find the "Ichimoku Kinko Hyo M" indicator to test it in FSB Pro and to re-export the expert.

I confirm the "array out of range" error in MetaTrader. However, please update your FSB Pro copy to v 3.8.10.
We fixed some related issues there. If the bug remains, we will find and fix it.

I got the problem located, it's in the .mqh file, fixing it now smile

footon wrote:

I got the problem located, it's in the .mqh file, fixing it now smile

Excellent!

I also took a look at the file.

Is it in the firstBar calculation?

Edit:

missing initialization of Componnet[6] ?

ArrayResize(Component[6].Value,Data.Bars);
   Component[6].FirstBar = firstBar;
   Component[6].DataType = IndComponentType_Other;

Fixed versions attached!

No, I had missed declaring a component for CloseFilter.
(I didn't see it at first, thought of taking a nap on it, but seeing your activity provided me with a competitive edge, and I rushed getting to the bottom of things and fixing it big_smile )

Good catch and thank you Zenoni!

Happy New Year!

Post's attachments

Ichimoku Kinko Hyo M.cs 30.4 kb, 26 downloads since 2022-01-02 

IchimokuKinkoHyoM.mqh 17.9 kb, 30 downloads since 2022-01-02 

(I didn't see it at first, thought of taking a nap on it, but seeing your activity provided me with a competitive edge, and I rushed getting to the bottom of things and fixing it big_smile )

smile))))))))))))))) Coool!

Have sweet dreams now!

Thank you very much for your support. I get it working now smile

footon wrote:

Fixed versions attached!

No, I had missed declaring a component for CloseFilter.

Good catch and thank you Zenoni!

Happy New Year!

Hello
Why is the Ichimoku file not working for me? If it was working until yesterday

error : cannot find following indicator ichimokou...

Pages Previous 1 4 5 6 7 Next

You must login or register to post a reply

Forex Software → Technical Indicators → Footon's indi corner