1 (edited by Minch 2020-08-14 19:32:31)

Topic: Collection Capacity

Dear Popov,

I tried to send you a PM more than a week ago but I just checked and it's not been delivered for some reason. Oops.

Was wondering, do you think it might be possible to add in 500 (and perhaps even 1000 or 2000) as an option in the dropdown on collection capacity from the settings screen?

I see currently the maximum is 300 - which is a great improvement for me, since I am creating core strategies and often build up libraries of 50,000 or more individual strats. Increasing the size a bit more would help me to let it run more in the background.

I have been testing the 300 option alot and this continues to work really well so I wouldn't pushing my processor a bit more ...

What do you think?

Thanks,
Matthew

Re: Collection Capacity

Hi - any update at all? Thanks.

We think 300 strategies are more than enough for normal use of EA Studio.

Thanks.

5 (edited by hannahis 2020-08-20 09:14:50)

Popov wrote:

We think 300 strategies are more than enough for normal use of EA Studio.

Can you please enable the Portfolio have up to the same max as the collection.

If I have 300 in my collection, please allow users to export the Portfolio Experts with these 300 EA because currently when I press add all to the Portfolio, it seems like not 300 Ea are added, only 100-136 (I removed all acceptance criteria to test these out so that I make sure it's not due to some acceptance criteria issues)

Thats a good idea,

300 Strategies are allowed in the collection so it would be great if the portfolio can have 300 strategies too .

Thank you

Yes, it must be possible. I'll test it.

Great! Thankyou

Popov wrote:

Yes, it must be possible. I'll test it.

Have you test and fix it yet?

It must be possible, as expected but my encounter tell me otherwise.  The last time I tried was yesterday.  Still couldn't add all the 300 in the collection to the Portfolio.

However, for those who are stuck, here are the short cut before Popov fix it...

1) Download the 300 EA from the Collection page

2) Go to the Portfolio page and upload the file you downloaded

3) Now you can export it out as Portfolio Expert (Popov recent update was very beneficial, now you can export the PE easily without the need to recalculate the 300 EA uploaded all over again.

> Have you test and fix it yet?

I added it to my immediate ToDo. I have a lot of current stuff for testing and improving.
Working 18 hours every day...

Popov wrote:

I added it to my immediate ToDo. I have a lot of current stuff for testing and improving.

I wish you good health Popov

do or do not there is no try

Popov wrote:

No worries Popov, I'm glad this one finally gets into your To Do list.  It's not so urgent (but necessary)

I'm really like the latest numerous update, faster, efficient (especially the ability to download Portfolio Expert without the need to recalculate, especially important for me, when I've a number of collections to upload and I don't have to run the recalculation each time I upload collection, great time saver).

Keep up the good work but don't sell your life to the job/work. 

We traders hope our algo can get us early retirement, what's yours?