forex software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

forex software

Skip to forum content

Forex Software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

(Page 5 of 9)

Forex Software → Expert Advisor Studio → EA Studio - News and updates

Pages Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

Re: EA Studio - News and updates

Hello Traders,

We have a new version of EA Studio uploaded.
It comes with one new feature and behaviour changed.

In the Collection and Portfolio Content:

* Recalculate works in the background, and we can leave the page without losing strategies.
* When we Stop a calculation in progress, it doesn't cut off the rest of the strategies but pushes them back as they were before the recalculation.

With these new features, we never lose strategies when we Stop or cancel the recalculation.

Please note it is completely possible that the calculation on newer data to make some strategies correlated or loosing. The Collection filters can remove such strategies.

https://image-holder.forexsb.com/store/collection-calculating-button-thumb.png

We still have some work to polish the new behaviour. Please don't change settings or upload new data during the Collection work because it will deteriorate the results. We will add some protections for that in the next releases.

Please report all issues.

Trade Safe!

Hello, Traders,

Now EA Studio's Editor calculates the strategy in real-time when we change the indicators and their parameters.

https://image-holder.forexsb.com/store/eas-editor-realtime-calculation-thumb.png

We can change the numeric values whit the Up and Down arrows and with the mouse wheel.
When we write new numbers with the keyboard, we have to press Enter to confirm or to click outside of the numeric box.

We can either accept or cancel the current change with the Accept and the Cancel buttons.

Trade safe!

We have a real-time backtest when we change the Strategy Properties also.

It works for the Entry amount as well as for SL and TP.

https://image-holder.forexsb.com/store/eas-editor-realtime-calculation-2-thumb.png

Trade Safe!

Added an option "All" for the Reactor's Multi Market.

The "All" option is default now. It forces the Reactor to accept only strategies that are valid for all of the selected markets.

https://image-holder.forexsb.com/store/reactor-multi-market-all-option-thumb.png

It really makes the use of the Multi Market more straightforward. Many thanks to Lorenz Vauck, who suggested this feature.

https://image-holder.forexsb.com/store/reactor-multi-market-all-valid-thumb.png

You have to reload EA Studio to have the "All" option available in the Multi Market.

Trade Save!

Thanks for adding this and thanks for the other amazing updates! EA Studio is KILLING it lately :-)

Hello, Traders,

We have 15% faster EA Studio now.

We made it possible by optimising some data types in the Backtester without changing any functionality.

Trade safe!

107 (edited by geektrader 2021-04-19 00:38:33)

You are crazy! 15%? It´s actually even 30%!

https://forexsb.com/forum/misc.php?action=pun_attachment&item=4488&download=0

The percent change between 11626 to 15321 is 31.78 %

Thanks so much for this, you never stop to amaze!!

Post's attachments

Untitled.jpg 684.42 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

108 (edited by hannahis 2021-04-19 07:05:24)

I like the new updates, faster and also now when I validator strategies back to collection, I don't have to do recalculate the Portfolio to export all the strategies out. 

In the past when I validator so many strategies from different data source to the collection, I still need to recalculate it in the Portfolio tab in order to export the Portfolio Expert which means some of the ascended strategies would be "lost" again from the recalculation because it uses 1 data source whereby the strategies were ascended using multiple data source.  So now with the update it doesn't matter anymore, I can straight away download the Portfolio Expert from the Portfolio tab.  Awesome, save me from lots of time wasted and frustrations.

However, I noticed that if I were to import back a unprofitable Expert, I somehow can't add it into the Portfolio.  In the past, regardless whether profitable or not, I can still add unprofitable Expert to Portfolio and somehow unprofitable strategies cannot be added back to the Collection or Portfolio now.  Please allow unprofitable strategies be added back to collection or portfolio. Unprofitable because it uses some of my old data source to generate but now using the current data source, it's unprofitable but I still want to use it.  It so troublesome to search through using data source just to make this strategy profitable in order to ascend via Validator or import it back to Collection or Portfolio.  This is the time I wish the software don't outsmart the users and go against my wish.

Keep up the good work, EA Studio rocks

Hello, Traders,

The new version come switch three major updates:
1. Redesigned the Tools subpages layouts. Now they use horizontal Tab navigation like the main EA Studio pages.
2. Redesigned the Settings page.
  -  We moved the "Reset all settings", the Export and the Import settings buttons at the top. It makes it easier to reach them without scrolling.
  - The "Trading session" settings are moved to the bottom of the page in favour of the "Backtest output metrics".
3. Now EA Studio comes to you in a new version of the Browser's programming language - JavaScript. The new form is much safer and incorporates the best programming practices. The name of the standard is ECMAScript 2015 or ES6. We used it for the EA Studio development for a long time, however, we used to convert it to an older version to support older browsers. Now EA Studio is more secure and reliable.

This release requires reloading of EA Studio.

https://image-holder.forexsb.com/store/eas-tools-settings-thumb.png

Please report any issues.

Trade Safe!

Hello, Traders,

We have a new EA Studio version uploaded.

It comes with a new "Accept" button for the Optimizer and the Normalizer.

https://image-holder.forexsb.com/store/eas-optimizer-accept-button-thumb.png

The Optimizer and Normalizer set their Accept button green when there is a newer and better strategy found.

When you click the Accept button:
- makes the current strategy active for the Editor
- adds the strategy to the Collection
- updates the strategy Id in the navigation bar
- resets the current calculation stats and charts

The Accept button serves two purposes:
- reminds us when the strategy is changed (as the Edit does), but we may see it better
- allows us to activate the strategy and move to the other tools without passing through the Editor.

Probably the "Edit" button is not needed anymore. Please tell us if you think it clutters the UI too much and it is better to remove it.

Trade Safe!

Nice cosmetic change, I still found it confusing that I have to use the Edit button to accept the results of the Optimizer. Now it makes more sense with the new Accept button and I do agree that you should remove the Edit button as we can simply switch to the editor after clicking Accept.

Yes Popov, please remove the edit button

do or do not there is no try

I prefer we keep the Edit button because sometime I still want to make some changes to the optimised EA before accepting it.

The Edit will still on place for now. However, it will not be coloured in green on a better strategy found.
Having both Accept and Edit focused is too much.

Let's have the Accept as a primary confirmation button and see how we will feel with it.

I also think that the Reset and Edit buttons work as expected after Accept.

Hello, Traders,

The Optimizer is faster now.

The new version of EA Studio validates an optimised strategy only if it is better than the previous one.
The unnecessary validation skip brings us a 10%-15% gain of performance.

Trade safe!

Amazing, Popov!! Thanks for the ongoing performance optimizations, they are simply amazing.

Hello, Traders,

It comes with new features:

1) Trading direction mode -  The options are Long only or Long and Short.

As the name says, it sets the strategy to trade long-only or in both directions.
It is virtually the same as the "Long or Short" indicator, but much easier.

The option is available in the Generator as well as in the Strategy Properties in the Editor.

When we change it, EA Studio calculates the strategy in real-time and we see the result.

I was amazed to see that a strategy generated in Long only mode showed even better performance in Long and Short. It is an interesting idea to use this as a robustness test.

2) EA Studio shows the actual margin required. We see it under the Entry lots in the Strategy Properties form in the Generator and in the Editor.

It calculates the margin in our account currency using the leverage, the lot size, and the actual currency conversion rate.

Here are the screenshots:

https://image-holder.forexsb.com/store/ea-studio-with-new-strategy-properties-thumb.png

https://image-holder.forexsb.com/store/ea-studio-generator-with-new-strategy-properties-thumb.png

You may ask why I'm doing that now. The answer is simple - I'm working on a new project for a week and these are necessary steps towards the goal. I'm very enthusiastic about the new ideas. The grand announcement will be in September smile.

118 (edited by hannahis 2021-05-20 16:50:57)

Awesome feature!!!

Just to clarify further...for Long and Short, it's same as the old version whereby Generator will generate the Long Entry and use the reverse of Long Entry rules to create Short Entry rules, right?

And for Long Only option, the Generator will not reverse the Long Entry Rule to create Short Entry Rule, right?

Now, if I use the Long Only option, that would mean my whole Portfolio Expert will only enter in 1 direction, i.e Long and there will be NO SHORT positions at all, right?

So question, is there an option to then create SHORT Only Option so that I can attached 2 Portfolio Experts, 1 for Long Only and the other for Short Only?

I do see the potential of such features especially for Non hedging accounts and stock options etc

119 (edited by Roughey 2021-05-23 18:24:27)

Popov wrote:

Hello, Traders,

It comes with new features:

1) Trading direction mode -  The options are Long only or Long and Short.

As the name says, it sets the strategy to trade long-only or in both directions.
It is virtually the same as the "Long or Short" indicator, but much easier.

The option is available in the Generator as well as in the Strategy Properties in the Editor.

When we change it, EA Studio calculates the strategy in real-time and we see the result.

I was amazed to see that a strategy generated in Long only mode showed even better performance in Long and Short. It is an interesting idea to use this as a robustness test.

2) EA Studio shows the actual margin required. We see it under the Entry lots in the Strategy Properties form in the Generator and in the Editor.

It calculates the margin in our account currency using the leverage, the lot size, and the actual currency conversion rate.

Here are the screenshots:

https://image-holder.forexsb.com/store/ea-studio-with-new-strategy-properties-thumb.png

https://image-holder.forexsb.com/store/ea-studio-generator-with-new-strategy-properties-thumb.png

You may ask why I'm doing that now. The answer is simple - I'm working on a new project for a week and these are necessary steps towards the goal. I'm very enthusiastic about the new ideas. The grand announcement will be in September smile.

when i use long only and let ea backtest in mt4 than there are also short trades!? Why?

Did someone have same issue?

Very nice Popov, really looking forward for the new project smile

do or do not there is no try

when i use long only and let ea backtest in mt4 than there are also short trades!? Why?

I made some fixes and the issue must be eliminated now. Please reload EA Studio with Ctrl + F5 and try again.

The "Long only" mode must work properly in both MT4 and MT5 for single and portfolio experts.

Popov wrote:

I made some fixes and the issue must be eliminated now. Please reload EA Studio with Ctrl + F5 and try again.

The "Long only" mode must work properly in both MT4 and MT5 for single and portfolio experts.

hey,

i have checked i dont know why but when i use long only so in mt4 it also open sell positions. i think here we must implement a bool for only long or short.

signal from ea coming -> bool check if long only -> if true than ea can open otherwise not open.

Awesome recent updates with EA Studio lately! The addition of Margin calculations is a super handy feature.

New version of EA Studio is uploaded.

It comes with performance improvement in the Collection and  Portfolio when working with more than 100 strategies.

Features:
- instant reloading EA Studio with more than 100 strategies in the Collection and in the Portfolio.
- instant uploading of collections.
- added option "Add top 50" strategies to the Portfolio from the Collection
- fixed  "Add all" to Portfolio to really means "all" instead of top 100.

Please note that pushing more than 100 strategies to the Portfolio is still slow because EA Studio calculates correlation of each strategy to all previously added.

Trade safe!

Amazing update, always great work, thank you :-)

Eager to hear about the "great news" you´ve mentioned in September ;-)

Pages Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next

You must login or register to post a reply

Forex Software → Expert Advisor Studio → EA Studio - News and updates