forex software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

forex software

Skip to forum content

Forex Forum

Forex Software, Forex Strategies, Expert Advisors Generator

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

Forex Forum → Forex Strategies → Opinion on my first Expert Advisor

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

Topic: Opinion on my first Expert Advisor

Hi I worked a little with the program and created my first optimized expert advisor. I backtested MT4 with 2 versions, one normal and one with a modification to the lot that increases proportionally to the balance. I am attaching the two screenshots. Tell me what you think and if it might work.

Then I have a question that has nothing to do with this topic regarding portfolios. I would like to know if with this tool (for example with 6 strategies) more capital is needed to manage them all.

Thanks for the replies

Post's attachments

Schermata 2020-12-18 alle 02.55.13.png 621.99 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

Schermata 2020-12-18 alle 02.56.00.png 624.43 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

2 (edited by Signore_emanu1 2021-03-15 16:04:30)

Re: Opinion on my first Expert Advisor

Hello,

I am new to the community so I am just seeing this now. By now, I believe you have had a chance to test these strategies and see the results. From the pictures you posted, I was a little worried about the drawdown - especially because  of the gross profit vs gross loss figures.. I would double check the return/drawdown ratio and maybe try to improve it by adjusting SL and TP (if you do have them) or entry/exit rules.

Otherwise, I do have a question for you. Since I discovered this website, my wish was to find a way to create strategies with optimized lot sizes (like your second one here) but I realized that I couldn't. Perhaps it's a feature they will add in the near future. My question is, how did you modify your robot on MT4 to have an optimized lot size? I have no coding experience but I do know that codes can be very tricky - like missing even on iota could ruin the whole code. If possible, post screenshots of the lines to add in order to do it correctly.

I hope my feedback was helpful, and I am looking forward to your response!

Thank you!

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

Forex Forum → Forex Strategies → Opinion on my first Expert Advisor