Topic: Different result...

Hi there,

I don't know if you already answered to this issue, but, I am new to this forum.

I m trying the reactor in Ea studio in order to generate random EA to incorporate in a portfolio, exporting it into my broker strategy tester and testing them with it.

To do that, I have imported, first, the broker's s historical data to the Ea Studio program, run the REACTOR using my broker's data just uploaded and converted the first EA in the collection to EA.mq4.

The problem I am having is getting a totally different result from my broker's strategy tester then that the REACTOR, even thought the historical data is the same.

How do you explain that?

p.s: I am using "every Tick" in my broker's strategy tester.

Re: Different result...

In order to have the same result, you have to switch off all indicators, which use Exponential or Weighted MAs. These indicators give different values depending on the length of the data series and the backtest starting time. You also have to switch off all time and volume indicators. We will make these indicators off by default in the next EA Studio release.

More info: Indicators

In order to be able to compare the entry/exit orders, you have to start the backtest from a position where the strategy is flat on the market (it doesn't have an open position).

Be sure you also set the correct commission and spread.

"every tick" in MetaTrader means "slower algorithm, which fabricates fictional waypoints and also ignores the last 20 seconds of each bar".

There are some cases when the indicators become very sensitive and even the number rounding may distort the signals. It happens when an indicator compares MA with near periods. Let's say MACD with periods 40 and 41. (MACD uses EMAS, so it is best to stay away from it)

If you think there is a bug in the EA Studio backtesting or in the exported strategy, please post it and we will make a thorough analysis.

Hi there Popov,

first of all, thank you very much for your prompt reply and your professionalism.

1) if I use only recommended indicators from Ea studio, would it be enough?

2) Starting from a flat market, would mean, for example, starting on a Sunday?

Correct me If I am wrong... therefore, even if I get correspondence between EA studio and my broker strategy tester, this does not mean that the EA created is more efficient that another which use all indicators (Exponential and Weighted MAs) in EA studio. Both EA created (with all indicators and without) may be efficient the same, am I correct?

Thank you again

even if I get correspondence between EA studio and my broker strategy tester, this does not mean that the EA created is more efficient that another which use all indicators

The Volume, Time and "Exponential" indicators may show different performance in EA Studio and MT. If you have the same or a similar backtest performance, it doesn't matter what indicators you are using.

A strategy is "efficient" when makes a profit on the real market. It can be only proved by running it on live trading. Always test your strategies on a Demo account to be sure they work as expected. Even after a successful Demo testing, be extremely careful when running experts on a Real account.