Re: FSB Pro Wish List - Requested features

TL Stop should be included in "Strategy Properties" just like TP, SL and BE
with a separate box to set how many pips the price needs to move the set a new SL.

Expand FSB download symbols .

The available symbols for download form FSB are limited to the majors:  10 symbols.

It will be great if a more comprehensive list is available, including minors, exotics, metals and indices.

I use https://tickstory.com/ form Duckascopy, unfortunately it is a time consuming, and several steps to the task must be perform ..... in reality NOBODY WANTS TO DO MORE WORK ... BUT LESS.

I have also used the historical data base from FSB witch is great but very limited : https://forexsb.com/historical-forex-data.

So, in summary if the tool for automatic download is already in great working condition, how difficult could it be to increase the available number of symbols? After all is the same procedure a bit more data and the benefit: ALL EXISTING AND FUTURE USERS OF FSB WILL BENEFIT IMMENSELY, THE POPULARITY OF FSB WILL BE ENHANCE BECAUSE IT MAKES THE LIFE OF USERS EASIER AND BETTER AS A TESTING PLATFORM.

Everybody struggles for data, and data is the basis for all analysis, without it nothing that is done has any meaning. By making data more easily available form a reliable source, makes FSB outstanding over any other testing platform.

The feature of easy and reliable data alone will make FSB unique and the preferred tool for development of ideas. And that is what FSB is about.

The marginal cost in implementing this data service is minimal ( The data cost for mining have been already incurred, so is no more additional cost for collecting the data) in comparison to the benefits that FSB will receive in the immediate future, not only that if the repository for collective intelligence finally evolve , the data standardization base is already there as a pillar for all developments.

By making easy of use of data , FSB solve an immense problem of convenience of DATA collection and use : BASICALLY FSB A HAVE THE TOOLS TO AUTOMATE THE DATA FOR THE USE of the SOFTWARE, THE ONLY ADDITIONAL REQUEST IS TO EXPAND THE DATA SYMBOLS SO FSB COULD BE USED IN A MORE UNIVERSAL MANNER . That makes FSB the absolute leader in the market.

A feature like this alone will make FSB not only more usable , but more marketable as well.

The way I see it, and correct me if I am wrong : " FSB have already the data, FSB have the tools to convert all data into the databases of FSB, so adding more symbols to the data base should not be a big and difficult task other than the servers will be more busy executing the requests , but if it handled in a sequential basis all requests will be fulfilled eventually withing the hour. These is not necessary a rush type ,expedite service . Therefore, is only a matter of implementing the service and nothing else , everybody benefits form it.

Thank you for your attention.

Hello,

The ability to choose if OOS should be After or Before In Sample.

Thanks

Hello Miroslav - A feature I would like added to FSB Pro is the ability to automatically default all the various parameters for consistency with the current regulatory regime imposed by the CFTC on retail forex trading in the United States. I think it is possible to manually set most/all of these parameters, however I am just not sure that I got them all. For example max leverage is easy to set, however the first-in-first-out may not be so easy set.

I know the obvious answer is to instead find an offshore broker accepting US residents, but this is getting harder and harder.

Hello Gcm,

The USA regulations are for long time and we considered them in our products.  The first-in-first-out is the default behavior of the FSB Pro experts. Please see the source code:

// FIFO (First In First Out) forces the expert to close positions starting from
// the oldest one. This rule complies with the new NFA regulations.
// If you want to close the positions from the newest one (FILO), change the variable to "false".
// This doesn't change the normal work of Forex Strategy Builder.
bool FIFO_order = true;

Unfortunately it works only for a single expert for a forex couple. You may not use multiple experts in USA because it is not possible to follow the USA rules without breaking the trading logic.

Thanks Miroslav - It is reassuring to know that you have already thought through these concerns!

George

Hi, Popov

Can you add "Close the position at the end of the back test" Option? Becuase I need this option like the existing in the EA studio to back test my strategy.

FSB Pro calculates Floating profit for each bar. You can see the end-of-data position and floating result in the Journal and in the Bar Explorer.

Please switch to the "Journal with transfers" form of the Journal to see all bars with positions.

434 (edited by electronics 2022-01-10 08:34:27)

Popov wrote:

FSB Pro calculates Floating profit for each bar. You can see the end-of-data position and floating result in the Journal and in the Bar Explorer.

Please switch to the "Journal with transfers" form of the Journal to see all bars with positions.

Thanks for your reply, Popov

But my point is that I would like to the balance and equity line meet together when the test is end in the output of Balance Chart tab.

https://www.i-pic.info/i/qwPI106657.jpg

Hi povpov .. can u add function martiangle mode in colloumn "Additional entry signal" https://ibb.co/sjG2dBy ?...
so that we can make marti system like this https://ibb.co/mHPHj4P  thank u

1. Adding "Reduce" and "Close" for the next same direction signal?
2. An option to copy the indicator slot if you need to use many for some reason?
3. Maybe some button to sort or stack indicator slots by the indicator name or group letter?
4. During strategy generation, group letter (b,c,d...) change back to "a". Need to fix that probably?
5. Hell yes, as other said, adding checkbox to set each indicator property and logical rule as default?
6. Opening conditions in fsb are great but you should put your time in developing additional closing conditions before anything else. Just saying and don't know how hard is to do that.

Hi Popov,

Thanks for developing such quality software.
Your software is quite unique and outperforms all others on the market even EA Studio developed by you.
Please in a subsequent update can you expand the collection to be able to contain 300strategies ( or if possible more) as you did with EA studio?.

Also can you put a possibility of choosing min and max for all acceptance criteria metrics?
Also can you separate the acceptance criteria tab to InSample and OutOfSample?

Thanks

Hello Popov, I was wondering if you could code an indicator that allows entry of new position based on last trade profitability( winner or loser) using the available logical conditions. I envisioned it recording price movements based on entry and exist point triggers without necessarily placing the trade, this way you you can reduce a streak of consecutive loses anf stay out of market when EA is not profitable.

Hi Popov,
Please in your next release consider hard-coding  the Nbar Exit and trailing stop in the strategy properties section.
It will greatly help in generating some simple strategies.e.g. a strategy with trailing stop and an indi exit OR a strategy with trailing stop and Nbar Exit OR still a strategy with an indi in closing point of position and Nbar Exit.
Thanks

Thank you for your request.

Having a Trailing Stop in the Strategy Properties is helpful for sure.

441 (edited by The Statistician 2023-03-21 14:19:12)

Hi Popov,
The maximum open strategies tab in fsb pro seems to be limited at 49.
Is it customizable somewhere in the software or settings file?
Could it be possible to open 100 strategies in future updates?

Would be great if FSB Pro or the Generator would support GPU acceleration for even faster strategy generation.
With Threadripper 3990X (4200€) you get only half the theoretical computing power as with a RTX 4070 (600€).

In addition to the number of parallel threads an option for a max load would be great.
Currently the load fluctuates in FSB between 20% and 98% even though I'm using twice as many FSB threads as I have CPU threads. More FSB threads don't help.

Another awesome feature would a news indicator to create strategies based on the news.

I know these features aren't easy to implement but it would improve this program by a lot in my opinion.

Hey Popov, are there any plans to expand the collection capacity of FSB pro in future updates(possible as a user-defined input parameter)?

Also an increase of the maximum open strats beyond 50 will be quite helpful...sometimes we over allocate funds when the actual portfolio drawdown of hundreds of strats is quite lower than half of the arithmetic sum of the drawdown of the  separated groups of 50strats available in the software.
If it's possible one could open up to a thousand strats, though the default value could be kept at 50strats to fit to limitations of common computer specs(from my experience opening multiple strats at once consumes more resources).

Hope  we soon have trailing stop to be configurable in Strategy.properties to allow other exit indicator.
Also hope Acceptance criteria for In sample and Out of sample be set separately  as in EA.

Hi! Im new in this forum, maby this request already exist but.. i woud like to have Trailing TP that kicks in after a pre set value, and then trailing in a pre set valure.

Kind regards