forex software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

forex software

Skip to forum content

Forex Software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

(Page 11 of 14)

Forex Software → Expert Advisor Studio → Expert Advisor Studio - Wish list

Pages Previous 1 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

Re: Expert Advisor Studio - Wish list

Minch wrote:

Hi - wish list item for EA Studio ...

.... Ability to set up ATR ratio on SL and TP

Thank you
M

Yes please.....with sugar on top. :-)

Diversification and risk-weighted returns is what this game is about

Another few items to add ... (on a roll today...)

1. Ability to increase the number of strats in the collection, e.g. can specify up to 500. I appreciate that this may slow the system down but I like to have a large number and cherry pick. Either that or multiple collections; when one is full, it could "overflow" into the next and we specify the number of collection buckets to have.

2. Ability to sort trades by count of trades

3. Account base currency - please add CAD

4. When I am in a strategy, I would like to be able to move to the next strategy without going back into the collection and selecting the next one in the list. Could we use the left/right arrow somehow to have this move on?

5. I would also LOVE to have the ability to change SL/TP en masse for all selected strategies - currently, I have my strats optimised for SL/TP but I want to see the effect of having all of them at SL 50 and TP 100 - to do this, I have to change each one.

6. I would like to be able to see an analysis of multiple, multi-currency portfolios. SO, I currently have a bunch of portfolios for different currency pairs (around 15 so far and I want to trade 20 in total) - i would like to be able to see the accumulative analysis of all the currency portfolios added together.

7. I mentioned this somewhere before but possibly in the wrong area - I would like to be able to sort strategies by the performance in OOS rather than IS/OOS. This is because IS is arguably irrelevent since it is curve fitted the most - OOS is more useful as a guideline since it is closer to what we could expect

8. I also posted about a different way of splitting the IS/OOS according to K Fold Cross Valildation, possibly in the wrong section. This could be a more accurate way of assessing the performance of a strategy.

When can I have all those? LOL

Thank you!

Kindly change the Working Minutes of the EA Studio.

Hardly anyone run the Generator/Reactor for minutes. 

Why don't we change the settings to Hours instead or the option to click days.

I also realised that if I input 999999999999999999 continuously and run the Generator, for some reason (happen recently) it only run for a minute or so and stopped.  Despite the original setting show 1+e

So please kindly change it to hours or better still, days so that it's easier for me to input the correct amount without having to put such long string of numbers.

Thanks

Hannah

Hannah, why don't you run it forever? Without time limit, it's possible.

255 (edited by hannahis 2020-06-04 11:50:52)

footon wrote:

Hannah, why don't you run it forever? Without time limit, it's possible.

Thanks footon,

I always thought I need to input the number of minutes in the Working Minutes....didn't realised I could actually leave it blank and let it run forever.  Thanks for the tip!

I have a portfolio with 100 strategies. I want to be able to check easily the setup and risk management of each one. Currently the only way I can do this is to go into each strategy individually and take note of the parameters. Even then, if I change some parameters, I have to recalculate the whole portfolio to see the effect and with 100 stratagies (which are all named in a similar way) it is very easy to lose track (not to mention, the clicking back and forth between screens to get to each strategy - as mentioned before, there is no forwards/backwards button so I find the current accessability a bit clunky)

Suggestion: Have an export function from the portfolio screen (csv / on screen etc) which shows in a separate line: the strategy name; SL, TP, Indicators used and perhaps even the 5 bits of info, as selected from the settings screen (e.g. count of trades, RDD, balance line stability etc) .... The functionality could include the ability to change some parameters on this screen and have a dynamic recalculation of the entire portfolio ...

So, I can see when I change my SL to 50 on all strategies, how this will affect everything. This will also be a very easy way to change SL/TP en masse and see the effect, as per another of my previous suggestions.

Between Excel and FXBlue you can accommodate a lot of these.

You may find that it is faster to generate new instead of trying to modify, I think you mentioned that you have powerful system

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....

Set Take Profit and Stop Loss as Acceptance Criteria.

I have see than when i use TP and SL and set to 10-50 on Generator/Reactor.

Than Optimization start and when i click on optimize TP and SL. Than i get also TP SL with higher than 50.

So why not use Acceptance Criteria to Filter out TP and SL higher than x.

Suggestion: Have an export function from the portfolio screen (csv / on screen etc) which shows in a separate line: the strategy name; SL, TP, Indicators used and perhaps even the 5 bits of info, as selected from the settings screen (e.g. count of trades, RDD, balance line stability etc) ....

This is an interesting idea. Now I'm thinking for an online tool for analysing the strategy performance from the MT trading. It will be also very useful if the strategies contain information from the EA Studio backtests for comparison.

Thanks Popov, yes I think that it will be easier to see a portfolio "top down" this way and compare individual strategies.

One other thing that could be useful would be to have the individual magic numbers as well for each strategy - the trader can then more quickly identify which strats might be underperforming - currently I think there is only the prefix (eg 100) and then the assigned number (e.g. 003) but its not clear which strategy in the collection this refers to.

> One other thing that could be useful would be to have the individual magic numbers

The magic numbers are limited but the strategies are not. Soon or later you will have to reuse the numbers.

True, Ok thanks.

I've used the Parabolic SAR indicator quite successfully in the past - perhaps worth adding to the available indicators on EA Studio?

Mr Popov,

Is there any way EA studio can add the option for Bollinger Bands to use the rule cross the 20 MA (middle band) above or below of it..?

Is there any way EA studio can add the option for Bollinger Bands to use the rule cross the 20 MA

Use a Moving Average indicator. Otherwise, it will be slower because it will need to calculate two lines more that have no usage in the strategy.

266 (edited by jordytr971 2020-08-01 18:50:44)

Hi,

I think adding Min Average consecutive wins in acceptance criteria can be good .
Or just be able to see Average consecutive wins/loss in Monitor

What are you thinking ?

Thank you

Feature Suggestion.

Could there be an analysis tool for combining multiple multi-currency portfolios and seeing the equity curve / usual stats?

Please add a Return / Average Drawdown metric!

hi,

please add a sorting method by collection in portfolio.

i load collection to portfolio e.g 20 strategies they are sorting by sorting method from 1-20. now i load another collection from collection and add to portfolio.
now i have 40 strategies but they are sorting by the method. to it would be nice to have opportunity to only put these 20 strategies after the other 20 strategies without sorting and recalculate. cause when i am not calculate before export not work

Dear Popov,

Could you please add 0 number to Max exit indicator, So I can generate strategies that always close at the next bar open (without exit logic) just like FSBPro?

Best regards.

do or do not there is no try

put the symbol settings from tools into the data section. so its all in one place..

put the symbol settings from tools into the data section. so its all in one place..

It is a good idea, especially now, when I'm going to add Premium Data settings.

We can have the following tabs under Data:

[ Premium Data ] [ Data Import ] | [ Data Horizon ] [ Symbol Settings ] | [ Data Statistics ]

It would be nice to be able to set the lot on a percentage basis.
Thanks Popov

Due to the browser problems with eas. What do you think about to make eastudio also available as like an app or something.
so we can open e.g 10 times the app and let run. let run in background and so on. maybe a browser of your own only with full power of java..what do you thing. so we have no problems with browsers. browsers updates anymore.

275 (edited by yonkuro 2021-02-06 04:50:43)

Dear Popov,

It might be a good idea to add options to make the EA open long and short positions simutaneously for non FIFO traders and close the long/short position when the opposite signal appear for FIFO traders.

The current EA won't buy or sell if there is an open trades right? That make it misses the opposite signals

the settings might look like this :
https://i.postimg.cc/5HK6wjtm/SS-0602021.jpg

Best regards.

do or do not there is no try

Pages Previous 1 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next

You must login or register to post a reply

Forex Software → Expert Advisor Studio → Expert Advisor Studio - Wish list