Topic: News Filter

Adding a news filter would be great!

When there is an important economic news, it will close open positions and not open trades x minutes before the news and it will not open trades after x minutes after the news.

Re: News Filter

It is a great plan, however we cannot backtest it. We try to only provide features that guarantee reliable and reproducible results.

3 (edited by Roughey 2020-05-24 09:52:40)

but what about this @popov.

We can create strategies. Before we download the Portfolio or Ea we can make a choice if we want to add this to the Ea or not. So like you have your normal code when click to add maybe it is possible to implement it automatically.

maybe with this method we can implement some things more.

So we have our normal strategies. And we cann add some special functions. it will be very nice :-)

> not open trades x minutes before the news and it will not open trades after x minutes after the news.

It can be easily done if you have an exact plan for the news for the next years.

Uhm the news for the next years? Basically what you could do is grab this news info from forexfactory via the ffcal EA https://www.mql5.com/en/code/15931 and then implement that in your EA's
I'm having that idea as well but currently i'm still adding and shifting EA's
(which takes a lot of time most ideal would be if that could be automated)
at the moment i have a small succesfull set of EA's i will look if and how much news affects the trades.

Personally i think main thing would be that you import  your trade history in somekind of programming, import the news and let some QA check if any trades are closed with a loss (or profit) due to a news item.  After that you can estimate if;
a) under what news items it might be good to postpone any trading and how long before
b) under what news items it might be good to proceed trading.

but to make it fully complete you should as well measure the difference between the last / consensus and actual estimation from a news item.
It would make it complete but might be more overhead in time then the possible gain.

But again first you should know what effect news and which news item specifically will have on your trades in order to be
objective enough to postpone trading before certain news items.

Just my few cents,

Peter