forex software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

forex software

Skip to forum content

Forex Forum

Forex Software, Forex Strategies, Expert Advisors Generator

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

Forex Forum → Forex Strategies → MT5 Backtest doesn't work

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

1 (edited by gogos71 2020-05-08 10:43:22)

Topic: MT5 Backtest doesn't work

Hi, recently I was making some strategies mostly based on Percentage entry, but they seem to don't work with the MT5 tester. What would be the problem? My strategies are based on 2-3 indicators. I attach the strategy and EA. 200 USD deposit and 500 leverage. testing from 2019-05-20 to 2020-05-07

Post's attachments

kopia1.mq5 260.74 kb, 1 downloads since 2020-05-08 

kopia1.xml 7.95 kb, 5 downloads since 2020-05-08 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Re: MT5 Backtest doesn't work

In what way they don't seem to work? Don't compile? What are error messages? You need to give more info.

Hi, sorry for lack of information, it compliles no error messages, they just don't trade. They don't make orders.

It works fine as far as I can see. You probably have strategy properties not suitable to your account.

gogos71,

There are issues when FSB translates code to MT5.

On my experience I found some EA's that work in tandem MT4 - MT5 , but in most cases there are a lot of divergences.

So, since I have not been able to find a reliable translation I only use MT4 EA's

There several issues reported  on the forum which you can follow an learn from it.

There are users exclusively of MT5 , sincerely I do not know how they are doing it since all the flaws I found tell me just to stay any form using any EA on MT5.

If you find any break trough please report . I have not been able to find any success in more that 500 experiments so far , so I quit . May be I doing something wrong .

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

Forex Forum → Forex Strategies → MT5 Backtest doesn't work