forex software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

forex software

Skip to forum content

Forex Software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

Forex Software → Expert Advisor Studio → Different results

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

Topic: Different results

Hello, I would like to know if you know why the same algorithm, compared to different broker data, the results are so different

2 brokers Pepperstone and Dukascopy the two brokers with the same spread the same data horizon the same comission.

Thank you.

Post's attachments

Screenshot at May 05 20-55-32.png 447.83 kb, 1 downloads since 2020-05-06 

Screenshot at May 05 20-56-01.png 476.82 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Re: Different results

The answer is already in your question - different data!

You probably have to give your strats a hard look because they present overly sensitive reaction to data changes.

memosela wrote:

Hello, I would like to know if you know why the same algorithm, compared to different broker data, the results are so different

2 brokers Pepperstone and Dukascopy the two brokers with the same spread the same data horizon the same comission.

Thank you.

When comparing data between different brokers ensure that the GMT offset (or UTC offset) is the same.

Pepperstone is GMT +2...so ensure the Dukascopy data is also GMT+2. This is also equivalent to UTC +2.

Diversification and risk-weighted returns is what this game is about

The "Force Index" is calculated by subtracting yesterday's close from today's close and multiplying the result by today's volume.

Force Index use the tick Volume for the calculation. The different brokers use different liquidity providers for the market data, but they are more or less the same or very near. On the other hand, the tick volume is very specific for each broker, data server or account type. The volume may greatly vary from account to account and it makes it difficult to compare.

If you want to create a strategy that works on different data sources, please use indicators that are based on the market price only. You may uncheck the "volume" indicators from "Tools" => "Available Indicators".

I'm going to make the "volume" indicators unchecked by default in the near updates.

Perfect, thank you.

6 (edited by mentosan 2020-09-02 12:28:29)

which other indicators are using volume for calculation? I wish to uncheck manually all the volume indicators...

I believe using the recommended indicators should remove all indicators that use volume or EMAs in their calculations.

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

Forex Software → Expert Advisor Studio → Different results