forex software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

forex software

Skip to forum content

Forex Software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

(Page 10 of 14)

Forex Software → Expert Advisor Studio → Expert Advisor Studio - Wish list

Pages Previous 1 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

Re: Expert Advisor Studio - Wish list

Just a few ideas :

Could we have average trades per month / day / hour in the stats for each strategy?

Also, for the features requests, it could be good to have an ability to upvote them - that way you can sort the most popular very easily

When setting performance filters, you can have the option to either hide or highlight the strategies which do not meet the criteria, instead of removing them completely. I have 20 strats right now and only 17 pass my filters - Id like to see which criteria these strats are failing on

Option to trade a % of the account instead of just the Lots. You set a tolerance and have a suggestion on the stop loss range you can set in order to meet that requirement - that way, the trading can more easily track your account growth and react accordingly. ie if I want to trade 1% then the system can suggest a stop loss range of e.g. 50 to 100 in order to trade somewhere between 0.5% and 1.5% of the account. Just a rough idea.

Im sure there is a way to set up a VPS and have this running in the background for a few days - since the software is through a browser, is there an easy way to do that at your end and offer that to subscribers?

Id like to be able to load in a collection accumulatively - i just loaded in a saved collection (27 strats) and then loaded in a previously saved portfolio (17 strats) and I only ended up with 17 strats in there instead of 27+17

227 (edited by hannahis 2019-11-08 10:40:19)

Minch wrote:

i just loaded in a saved collection (27 strats) and then loaded in a previously saved portfolio (17 strats) and I only ended up with 17 strats in there instead of 27+17

When you load the 1st Collection, you add these 27 Strategies to the Portfolio (use the "add to Portfolio button, beside the download (collection) button).

Next you delete this collection and upload your second Collection and add these strategies to your Portfolio and that's where you can have all these 27 + 17 Strategies together in a portfolio, you can then go to the portfolio Tab and download these strategies together as 1 Collection and you can export them as 1 Portfolio EA to trade.

Note: you may get lesser than the Total number of strategies i.e. not 44 in total IF there are some correlated or similar strategies in either of these 2 collections (untick the "Resolve Correlations automatically" if you don't want the software to delete them from your list).

In Portfolio > Summary page, it would be nice if R-square be added to the statistics. Thanks.

I understand the EAS doesn't have any Longer Time Frame Feature

I would like to suggest that to add Condition/Rule Setting Options (something like acceptance criteria) but these settings are applied to Rule/Conditions settings.

In this Condition/Rule Setting Option, we have the feature "Min (bar) and Max (bar).

1 Hour = 1min x 60 Bars

4 Hour = 1min x 240 Bars

So if we can set the criteria for each opening rule, we can introduce "Longer Time Frame" feature into the Strategy and have greater control over the types of Strategies being generated and thus improve our search quality.

As we know in discretionary trading, we look at various time chart before we determine when to enter into an open position.

Likewise, Strategies that incorporate Longer Time Frame take advantage of the importance of looking at the market through various perspective.

So if we can set different Min and Max Bar(s) for each Opening condition/rule (there are max 4 opening conditions allowed), we can therefore let EA Studio search for different trading criteria/rules. 

For example, I would like to search for Opening conditions/rules for 1min, H1 and H4 (in a 1min time chart)

So in the Condition/Rule setting options, this is what I can set (using 1min data/time chart):

Opening Condition 1:  Min (bar) = 1 and Max (bar) = 30 (i.e. I'm looking for favourable opening conditions between 1 to 30min time frame

Opening Condition 2: Min (bar) = 60 and Max = 120 (i.e searching for favourable opening conditions between 1 to 2 hours)

Opening Condition 3: Min (bar) = 240 and Max = 480 (i.e. searching for favourable opening conditions between 4 to 8 hours).

if I think I want another open condition to focus on short term range or let EAS decide, then I can set the 4th condition as below:

Open Condition 4: Min (bar) = 1 and Max = 1440 (i.e. to search for favourable opening conditions on an overall daily outlook).

And for Closing Rules, if we can also Control what duration of closing we have, we also change the quality of search for opening rules.  If I choose a shorter duration setting for closing, then I think the software will then look for intraday or scalper type of EA and if I choose to have a longer duration setting for closing, then I think we would likely cause the software to search for bigger trend indicator setting in the opening conditions.

Our Closing duration influence our Opening search same as Stop Loss, if we have small/tight Stop Loss, then the software would look for scalper or intraday strategies.  If we have bigger Stop loss margin, then our search would end up with longer or strong trend settings.

Example:

Close 1: Min (bar) = 1 and Max = 480 (ie. search for the most favourable closing outlook within 8 hours)

Close 2: Min (bar) = 1 and Max = 2880 (i.e. search for the most favourable closing outlook within 2 days)

As we know at the end of the breakout trend, the price hover over some side way trending for a couple of days before it starts a change direction, so setting a longer Max bar allows the software to search what's the most favourable time to close a breakout position.

Thus the ability to control the Min and Max Bar in our search/condition setting (open and close), would have a great implication on the types and quality of strategies being generated and hence increase our likelihood of success.

Currently, for 1min Time Chart, I noticed the default max bar is only 200 and for a 1 Min Time chart, 200 bar is very very short term and it's hard to develop robust EA with such tight and short bar limitation.

So in order to work around this limitation, I had to manually build the EA using the Optimizer feature and from there, I can control the min and max bar allow.  Such method is tedious as I have to search manually, changing indicator one by one.  So with a Rule/condition Setting option, I can automate this process and have greater control on the types and quality of Strategies being generated.

Here is a screen shot of the quality of Strategy I manually develop and it has very high Profit Per Day ($78.78 per day with 1 lot size) and Profit Factor (2.78)  that normally hard to get if we use the Generator without the option to control the min and max bar for each rules.  And Net Profit $38,141 for 16mths duration with an average profit of $2383 per mth (1 lot size).

Post's attachments

EAS Maual Build EA stats.png 104.64 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

please more money management options

In Collection add changing Symbol like on Portfolio Tab.

Now we have to save collection. And than put in validator when we want to check strategies with newer data e.g.

I work like this let run EA Studio. After some weeks i add newer data. Upload them close the tab and open again now i have my collection loaded. Than it will be good to change in collection to other data let recalculate with the newer data.

Please, allow stop loss and take profit to be a % variation of the price bought. That would greatly help. Thanks!

i see this on symbol settings..

why not have the same thing to switch between settings instead of load settings.

let us say save settings give them a name. and we can load by click and switch between different settings fast..that will be nice

Post's attachments

eastudset.png
eastudset.png 9.73 kb, 1 downloads since 2020-01-14 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Is it possible to designate different Historical Data Source for different stages of the Reactor?

The Reactor has 3 Stages

1) Generate New Strategies
2) Optimize Strategies
3) Perform Robustness Testing

Under 1) Generate New Strategies we get to choose the Historical Data Source

In Stage 2 -Optimize Strategies and Stage 3 -Perform Robustness Testing, there are functions of choosing the % of In sample and OOS data. 

It would be good if I can have the option to choose in Stage 2 and 3 whether to perform my walk forward and optimization and robustness testing on unseen data (use another data source) or to use the same Historical data source selected in Stage 1.

Would be great to have a ropamap with the approved features.

Would be great if we could provide custom MQL code that would be used instead of the default code when generating EAs and portfolio EAs. Otherwise, I have to manually edit each EA that's generated.

It would also be great to limit the CPU utilization, perhaps by specifying a max strategies/second or something like that. This would allow me to run EAS in the background without impacting everything else on the computer.

It seems each module in Reactor takes as input a strategy and provides as output either a strategy (perhaps optimized) or nothing (failed validation). As such, it seems we ought to be able to use these modules as building blocks to create our own workflows. For example, I might want a workflow that performs two different optimizations. Or maybe I want multimarket validation to happen before Monte Carlo.

How about a Custom Reactor workflow creator where we can drag/drop the various steps of Reactor into any order we want.. and even use the same step multiple times (with different parameters)?

Retest on different brokers.

Hi, can you please add the feture so we can retest on different brokers?

Like this:

1. Generate (IS) Ducas Copy 2003-2016
2. Retest (OOS) Ducas Copy 2017-2019
3. Retest (OOS) FxPro 2017-2019
4. Retest (OOS) IMC 2017-2019
5. Retest (OOS) JFD 2017-2019

This is just an example.

Thanks in advance
Halvard

halvardu wrote:

Like this:

This is just an example.

Thanks in advance
Halvard

I have checked it and generate strategies with dukascopy data. When i put my ea to different brokers with their data i get 90% the same results as with dukascopy data.

Roughey wrote:
halvardu wrote:

Like this:

This is just an example.

Thanks in advance
Halvard

I have checked it and generate strategies with dukascopy data. When i put my ea to different brokers with their data i get 90% the same results as with dukascopy data.

Thanks for the reply hannahis.

Donth you think 10% is alot in this game? smile.

Regards
Halvard

halvardu wrote:
Roughey wrote:
halvardu wrote:

Like this:

This is just an example.

Thanks in advance
Halvard

Thanks for the reply hannahis.

Donth you think 10% is alot in this game? smile.

Regards
Halvard

Halvard, you thank the wrong person, it's Roughey you owe your thanks to

242 (edited by yonkuro 2020-02-25 20:26:02)

Dear Popov,

Is it possible to add autosave feature?

I think it will be useful when PC lost it's power or when VPS force auto restart after update.

Best regards.

do or do not there is no try

"Is it possible to add autosave feature?" Yes, it is possible.
You may export the settings if you need to leave the machine unattended. Anyway, I'm using UPSes on all of my machines for years. It helps a lot.

244 (edited by yonkuro 2020-03-05 21:32:53)

Popov wrote:

"Is it possible to add autosave feature?" Yes, it is possible.
You may export the settings if you need to leave the machine unattended. Anyway, I'm using UPSes on all of my machines for years. It helps a lot.

Sorry, I mean autosaving the srategy collection, in daily basis for example, not the setting.

Sorry, I mean autosaving the strategy collection

The problem is that id you have several running copies, the last save will override the previous ones. Also, if you a collection in the browser's local storage and you have a running EA Studio, it will not be possible to open a new instance and to have the saved collection.

Add intermediate adding comparison tables

Kenzo, please give more information regarding your idea.

Popov wrote:

Sorry, I mean autosaving the strategy collection

The problem is that if you have several running copies, the last save will override the previous ones. Also, if you a collection in the browser's local storage and you have a running EA Studio, it will not be possible to open a new instance and to have the saved collection.

I see, thanks Popov

Dear Popov,

could you please add an option to sort the strategies by the OOS results, so we can pick strategies that perform best during the OOS period.

The original idea is from Minch which you can find here https://forexsb.com/forum/topic/8266/so … ns-screen/

Best regards.

Hi Popov
Is it possible to add filters for different timeframes to EA Studio
Thanks

249 (edited by yonkuro 2020-05-26 04:54:44)

I really wish I can apply this approach https://forexsb.com/forum/post/60829/#p60829 on EA Studio.

Here are my wishes.
1. Please remove minimum number of exit indicator, so we can generate strategies that exit on bar closing.
2. Please add max indicator number, so we can generate strategies with single entry indicator.
3. Please add lock and link indicator feature, so we can smoothen the strategy without touching the core strategy.

Really looking forward to it.

Best regards.

Hi - wish list item for EA Studio ...

.... Ability to set up ATR ratio on SL and TP

Thank you
M

Pages Previous 1 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next

You must login or register to post a reply

Forex Software → Expert Advisor Studio → Expert Advisor Studio - Wish list