forex software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

forex software

Skip to forum content

Forex Software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

Forex Software → Forex Strategy Builder Professional → Can't produce an intraday trade strategy

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

Topic: Can't produce an intraday trade strategy

In 15 minute frame,I used indicator: Day Closing and ExitTime(exit hour 14 exit minute 45) and locked ExitTime slot. But the journal showed:

2018-05-04 09:00  Open Short
2018-05-28 09:00  Close Closed

What's wrong ? I've tried a lot and the result failed.

Thanks for your help.

Re: Can't produce an intraday trade strategy

You can use the "Exit Hour" indicator to force the program to close at that hour.

For example, I can set Exit Hour = 15 in the Editor and then "lock" it in the Generator. I'm sure the Generator will include it unchanged in every generated strategy:

https://image-holder.forexsb.com/store/fsb-pro-exit-hour-indicator-locked-thumb.png

The Journal shows that the strategy closes the positions at close price of 14:45 bars. It is because the Close price of 14:45 bars is 15:00.

However, we also see that some strategies close the next day. The reason for that is because the strategy may open a position after 15:00 and the only possibility is to transfer is for the following day.

We solve that problem by setting an "Entry Time" indicator as an "Opening logic condition"

https://image-holder.forexsb.com/store/fsb-pro-entry-time-indicator-thumb.png

I set it to allow position opening within the 00:00 to 13:00 interval.

I also "lock" the Entry Time indicator in the Generator and it successfully finds a strategy on M15 chart.

https://image-holder.forexsb.com/store/fsb-pro-entry-time-and-exit-hour-indicator-locked-thumb.png

Now all position open and close on the same day:

https://image-holder.forexsb.com/store/fsb-pro-entry-time-and-exit-hour-indicator-journal-thumb.png

This is only one variant of using the Generator with locked indicators. FSB Pro has a great variety of indicators and it is possible to find other solutions.

Please attach your strategy in order to see what is going on with it.

Thank you, Popov, for you quick help. Now everything is ok when I use exit hour and entry time indicators. And i see the strategy is really intraday trading.
   A question is : does It really exit at 15:00 or 14:45 when i use exit hour? I see it is closed at BarTime 14:45, I guess it is closed at bar close time which is 15:00.
   I use the strategy in another market which close at 15:00. When it is closed at 15:00, it is really cannot closed untill next day.
   Thanks.

A question is : does It really exit at 15:00 or 14:45 when i use exit hour? I see it is closed at BarTime 14:45, I guess it is closed at bar close time which is 15:00.

The strategy closes the positions at the end of the bar that starts at 14:45. It is virtually 15:00. However, in the real trading, teh experts use "Bar close advance [sec]" parameter in order to close at predefined seconds before the actual bar closing.

The default value is 15 seconds. It means that the expert sends a close order at 14:56:45. It leaves 15 seconds time for processing the order. This is done to be sure that the positions will be successfully closed before the market closes (in a case it closes at 15:00). If the close signal was exactly at 15:00, it would not be possible to execute the order.

I see. Excellent "Bar close advance [sec]" parameter. You say "The default value is 15 seconds." Do you mean that we can change the value? If so, how can i chang it?

This option has meaning only when you trade life. You can change it in the "Input" panel when you run the Expert Advisor.

Expert Advisor Options

Yes,I see. Popov, Thank you very much indeed.

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

Forex Software → Forex Strategy Builder Professional → Can't produce an intraday trade strategy