Topic: How Much Computational Horsepower?

I am thinking about building a computer just for running FSB Pro. Is there an optimal processor that I should consider (Intel, AMD)? Is there an optimal number of processor cores/threads? How much RAM? Is there a point of diminishing returns (i.e., more cores/threads/RAM do not really increase overall speed)?

Can FSB Pro run natively on Linux without virtual machine?

Has anyone out there tried optimizing a computer for the FSB Pro code?

Re: How Much Computational Horsepower?

FSB Pro is a native Windows software. FSB pro is not running on Linux. I have lately tested it with new version of Wine.

But you can use Metatrader on Linux with Wine. All the exported strategies will also work.

1st) Every modern computer will serve you well for FSB Pro. I personally prefer Intel processors with as high frequency as we can afford. 8 GB of RAM will be enough. You can always add more if you need it.

FSB Pro works on Windows with .NET 4.0+.

If you only need speed, EA Studio under Chrome is faster. Surprisingly enough, JavaScript in the latest versions of Chrome is faster than C#.

2nd) The computer, FSB Pro and EA Studio are not the most important thing for a successful algo-trading. You need a great amount of dedication, patience and disciple to improve your results. FSB Pro is only a tool.

In my experience, if I run exported strategies on Metatrader then the latency of the network link is very important. It is recommended to run strategies on VPS/Cloud or have a very good internet connection in terms of latency.

Second thing is a reliability broker with no dealing desk execution.

I am quite satisified with ordinary CPU to generate strategies.

Thank you for your thoughts! In essence my interpretation of the comments is that I should spend my money on actual FX trading using one/some of the multitude of strategies FSB Pro develops rather than waiting for FSB Pro to find the "perfect" strategy.

I have been an licensed FSB Pro user for about 6 months now and have spent more time with the software than I have with my wife (she is not happy). I have learned a lot but feel that I have a long way to go. Yes, Miroslav you are correct, dedication and patience is what is needed.