Topic: E-mail alerts

Hi All,

Is there a way to make the EA send an e-mail alert every time there is a buy or sell signal?

Thanks,

Jose

Re: E-mail alerts

I do not think that feature will be available as some people are making many trades per minute.

It will be easy enough for you to code that into your experts or have someone do that for you.

Maybe I am speaking out of turn, Popov may have some input

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....

Thanks! Yes, maybe I can insert a snippet into every EA I use that will handle that.

Here is a discussion about the topic: How to send an email once an Expert Advisor places a trade?.

Please note that you need an SMTP server for that to work. If you decide to take a web hosting for the purpose, please check if the provider doesn't have limitations on the count of the emails per day (the usual case).

I considered the idea to provide such service before, however, the problem is the email volume, the SPAM protection and the cost of the service.

If you decide to do it, you may consider the possibility to make the service cashing the messages and sending a summary no more frequently than 1 per 1 or more hours. Your account will be suspended for sure if you run several Portfolios and send 50 emails per minute.

I am using gmail, I mean, that is what is connected to metatrader. I googled it and it said gmail allows up to 500 e-mails per day via SMTP. Thanks!