forex software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

forex software

Skip to forum content

Forex Software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

Forex Software → Forex Strategy Builder Professional → It seems tick data in FSB no help

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

Topic: It seems tick data in FSB no help

Hi everyone, it's my first post in FSB. To prove whether tick data help, i did a small test. I downloaded all the data- tick and M1 ~ D1 data.  At first i only load M1 - D1 data to test one strategy, i get a result, then i also load tick date(the bin file) and re-test again. It let me surprise, the result keep exact the same. It seems that the test proved tick data no help in FSB.

Another question, Can FSB increase the max bars to import and maximum data bars for backtest, because it's really not enough for 5 years of M1 data. I import jforex data for 5 years, almost half of M1 data have to be out of importing.

Re: It seems tick data in FSB no help

It seems that the test proved tick data no help in FSB.

We optimised FSB Pro and EA Studio to work best with Bar data. MT4 needs tick data to be able to test many different strategies programmed by the users. On the other hand, FSB Pro, and especially EA Studio generates strategies that produce reliable results on OHLC Bar data.

You benefit is that the backtest is extremely fast and correct, which make sit possible to generate strategies.

Re: It seems tick data in FSB no help

Can FSB increase the max bars to import and maximum data bars for backtest

You can. See the attached posts for an instructions: Remove data bars limitation

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

Forex Software → Forex Strategy Builder Professional → It seems tick data in FSB no help