forex software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

forex software

Skip to forum content

Forex Software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

Forex Software → Technical Matters → "Numeric Values Range" in Optimizer not working correctly

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

Topic: "Numeric Values Range" in Optimizer not working correctly

I´ve set "Numeric Values Range" in the Optimizer to +-40, yet, for some parameters, it does not adjust the range correctly, it´s truncated to the upper side:

https://i.imgur.com/SISrn7s.png

https://i.imgur.com/LQiy8S8.png

Re: "Numeric Values Range" in Optimizer not working correctly

The Stochastic max period is 30. The Optimizer keeps the parameters ranges.

Why would Stochastic have a max period of only 30? Doesn´t make much sense as I have many strategies with higher values that work well.

The simple answer is - to make the Generator faster, taking into account that the default values.

However, now the Generator has an advanced way to generate params and I may increase the values to 200 (as all other  periods). I'll add it to my ToDo.

Edit

I increased the values. I'll notify for the EA Studio update.

5 (edited by geektrader 2019-01-05 21:03:12)

Yes, I understand that it´s OK for the generator, but the optimizer should not be limited like that. So you could limit the generator from 1 to 30 for the period, but if a +-40 is selected in the Optimizer afterward, it should optimize from 1 to 70. I think 200 as a limit for the periods would be good indeed. Great to hear you´ve updated it, will check it out! EA Studio is getting better and better quickly in 2019 :-) Thanks!

Can you possibly remove the 200.000 bar limit as well right away? I would like to work with my whole history data :-)

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

Forex Software → Technical Matters → "Numeric Values Range" in Optimizer not working correctly