forex software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

forex software

Skip to forum content

Forex Software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

Forex Software → Forex Strategy Builder Professional → Forex Strategy Builder Professional v3.8.7. EA Code v48

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

Topic: Forex Strategy Builder Professional v3.8.7. EA Code v48

Hello Traders!

Forex Strategy Builder Professional v3.8.7 is released. It comes with updated Expert Advisors MQL code v48.

Major changes

* Replaced the stopped Google currency conversion service with own powered by Expert Advisor Studio. Now FSB Pro updates the Account Exchange Rates properly. You may update the current rates from Control Panel → Account.

https://forexsb.com/wiki/_media/blog/update-account-exchange-rates.png

* Fixed the William's Percent Range indicator. It prevent crashes in rare cases when there are consecutive equal bars.

* Prevented unwanted positive signals for indicators that sets entry price in case when the price is set to 0.

* Fixed logic rule description of Heiken Ash.

Additional changes

* Updated the Code Signing Certificate of FSB Pro. It is possible some license codes issued in the period 2014-2015 to be wrongly shown as not valid. If you have such case, please contact us.

* Added “MS VC++ 2010 x64” library to the installation package. MS VC++ is a necessary requirement for the FSB-MT4 bridge. You may install it, if the Bridge doesn't work.

Please report all issues you  may encounter.

Trade Safe!

Re: Forex Strategy Builder Professional v3.8.7. EA Code v48

Hi Popov

From where to download?
No automatic update...

Thank you for the report.

I re-uploaded the files and now the auto-update must work (it checks for new versions at every 24h).

You can also download the full installation from the FSB Pro page.

Thanks
I can verify that both ways work

god bless you sent me good thing forex is good

6 (edited by mw 2018-06-29 21:33:37)

Dear Mr. Popov,

I've noticed a possible bug in the new version. I was optimizing a strategy in the M5 timeframe using the period from 2010-2018. The strategy uses two Opening Logic Conditions, and I ask it to add +-25 steps.

Once the optimization begins, the program calculates a new strategy around every 5 seconds. Problem begins once it detects a new strategy that has a better net balance (whether it does fit or not the minimum acceptance criteria). From that moment on the program stalls, no error message whatsoever. It only looks that it is still working but the count of calculated strategies freezes.

If I press the stop button, all the options from the menu remain greyed out, so my only option is forcing the tab to close using the x button.

I've performed the same test several times with the same result. As a matter of fact, I noticed this strange behavior because I started the optimization and had to go outside. When I came back several hours later, I noticed the optimization was stalled.

I would appreciate your help on this matter. Should you need any further information to replicate the issue, please do not hesitate to ask for it.

Thank you in advance,

mw

Update: I was trying to use the generator just after writing this post and I had a popup saying "Index was outside the bounds of the array". I have emailed the report to you

Post's attachments

Screenshot - 6_29_2018 , 10_29_51 PM.png
Screenshot - 6_29_2018 , 10_29_51 PM.png 25.58 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Thank you for the report. Please send me this strategy for further examination. The issue may be caused by a particular indicator.

Thank you very much for your prompt reply. I have sent you a PM with a download link for the strategy.

Will be looking forward to hearing news from you.

Best regards,

mw

Hello Popov,

None of my strategies load in the updated version.  The output log complains:

"Cannot load Vidya Moving Average indicator.  Try finding it in the Repository"
"Cannot load CCI Convergence Divergence indicator. Try finding it in the Repository"

I have an ..\UserFiles\Indicators" folder and those indicators are present.  It seems the updated version of FSB Pro can not find the "Indicators" folder.

Also, when I go to the Repository to re-load the Vidya Moving Average indicator the output log complains:
The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a send.

I also noticed that when FSB Pro loads, the initialization dialog pauses for about 20 seconds when it says "loading indicators..."

So, for now, I cannot use FSB Pro -- it fails to load any of my existing strategies.

Hope you can suggest a solution soon.  Alternatively, is there a way for me to roll-back to the previous version?

Thanks...

Probably the reason is that the program cannot load the previously compiled DLLs.

Please open the "C:\Program Files\Forex Strategy Builder Pro\User Files\Libraries" folder and delete all DLL files. When you run FSB Pro, it will re-compile all files from their sources.

If that works, I'll mark the update as a "full installation" only.

Popov -- thank you for such a quick response.

Between the time I posted the last message and read your response I had downloaded the latest version from the web site and did a clean install.  I keep backups of the indicator and data folders and copied those to the new installation.  And then everything worked again.  I did lose previous settings, but that's not a big deal.

For next time I'll keep a note to remind myself to delete all the dlls in the Libraries folder if there is a problem.

By the way -- again, I can't tell you what a pleasure it is to use your software.  And as good as it is, you never seem to rest.  You are always implementing new features and taking suggestions.

For next time I'll keep a note to remind myself to delete all the dlls in the Libraries folder if there is a problem.

The installator does that on a clean installation.

FSB Pro tries detect incompatibility with the pre-compiled dlls, but I cannot catch all cases. The current problem is caused by the change of the code signing certificate. The new version doesn't accept dll compiled with the "wrong" certificate from the older FSB Pro version.

I'll mark this update as "full update" only, which will download the full installation.

Hello Popov,

I'm still having problems -- I could not create Experts -- so I did another clean install.  I am now trying to re-add custom indicators but getting the error message:  "The underlying connection was closed.  An unexpected error occurred on send."

I also receive this error. It is not connected with the current FSB Pro update. On some reason the Windows .NET system drops connection to the SSH website.

15 (edited by sleytus 2018-06-30 16:23:26)

The main problem I have is I can not create experts.  When I select 'Export Expert Advisor to MT4/5' from the main menu then the Output Log reports:

Cannot find the following indicator: RSI Convergence Divergence
Expert Advisor is not exported.  Cannot create the expert file.

I suspect the problem is I'm missing the corresponding *.mqh files for the Custom indicators.

Would it be possible to bundle all the *.cs and *.mqh files into ZIP files?  I could then manually install them in the appropriate folders.

very strange I have not any problem!!!

It looks like the Web connection problem is due to incompatibility between the local .NET and the server's SSH certificate. It must be due to a Windows update or my webhosting update, I cannot say. Anyway, I figure it out how to make it working in my machine at least. I'll put an update in the  Premium club for testing. If that's OK, I'll try to fix the other problems.

I'll be busy next week with another activity and may not have time for work. However please report any issues or observations. I'll do my bets to fix as many as I can.

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

Forex Software → Forex Strategy Builder Professional → Forex Strategy Builder Professional v3.8.7. EA Code v48