Topic: FSB-MT4 Bridge connection to MT4

Hi Popov & anyone who can assist.

I am unable to see in FSB builder an active MT4 connection. I can attach the expert to a chart in MT4 fine, it says not connected. I then go to FSB and set my connection ID. I see in MT4 that I am now connected. In FSB log it says I am connected, but there is no green signal indication and no data in FSB. I tried different MT4's, & connection numbers, plus turning off firewall. Can anyone assist?

Many thanks,
Andrew.

Re: FSB-MT4 Bridge connection to MT4

Have a look at this page and try to establish what you have done that is not the same as the page

https://forexsb.com/wiki/fsbpro_guide/connecting_mt4_chart

Also this page

https://forexsb.com/wiki/fsbpro_guide/bridge_installer

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....

Hello,
Thank you for the response.
I did try as per documentation however this did not help.

What did work, but not sure if one or more steps required:-
1) I noted the version of C++ in the documentation. However I had a whole collection of different versions of C++ installed on my system, including multiple installs of C++ 2010. So I eventually uninstalled all of them.
2) I then unisnstalled FSB
3) I reinstalled FSB but not in the default program folder and installed the included C++ library.
4) Restarted MT4 after manually copying the MQL & DLL code, and compiled
End result, I now have MT4 bridge connectivity.

Thanks,
Andrew.

This is weird.
All working fine. I then closed FSB for a few hours, came back launched FSB and one more I have the issue with MT4 bridge connection not working. I don't really want to uninstall FSB to fix, this time as now I have set-up symbols & history data.
Nothing in log files, as before EA says connected, FSB opens connection, but no data.
Help please,
Andrew.

You are not running your strategy on MT4, only the FSB ea......?

This is very difficult to guess as to what may be wrong......

I suggest that you write email to Popov and ask him to connect to your machine so that he can get the connection working properly for you.

I bet it will take him less than a couple minutes to see the difficulty and help you to make a fix.

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....