forex software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

forex software

Skip to forum content

Forex Software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

Forex Software → Expert Advisor Studio → Better Filtering Options for the Collection

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

Topic: Better Filtering Options for the Collection

Hello Traders,

We have a new version of EA Studio uploaded. It improves the way the collection works. Now each collection record contains the full backtest stats and that gave us the possibility to apply all available acceptance criteria for  filtering the Collection.

You can add and remove individual filtering criteria. Every change applies automatically.

Trade Safe!

https://s9.postimg.org/fwq2k1jdr/screenshot_76.png

Re: Better Filtering Options for the Collection

Nice -- thanks, Popov.

I have a question that would probably be answered with a little bit of testing, but I'm feeling lazy...

In your example it shows that 7 out of 93 strategies passed the performance filter criteria.  If I now go to the 'Portfolio' tab to add strategies to a new portfolio does EA Studio think the collection has 7 strategies or 93?  In other words, can I add just those 7 strategies to a portfolio?

Thanks...

The Collection is a set of records. It has 93 in that example.
The filters make an "active" subset of records. The passed strategies (7 out of 93) are shown on the screen. The "Download" collection and "Add to Portfolio" functions operate only with the active subset of the Collection. This is useful if you want to save different "collections" by using different filters.

Also if you now click on Add to Portfolio -> Add All, it will add only the passed 7 strategies.

The Portfolio behaviour is the same. If you export a Portfolio Expert, it will contain only the passed 7 strategies.

I added the "Use performance filters" option in order to make it very easy to switch all criteria off and to act on the complete collection without loosing your settings.

Currently the Collection and the Portfolio share the same settings. I may separate them in the later versions.

This is excellent.  I was hoping this is the way it worked.  Thank you...

Great....right step in the right direction.
Popov..I really want you to add a filter on ID of the strategy. In the screenshot you shared it would be 798...416..371
If I optimize a strategy it will produce lets say 14 new strategies with the ID 798.1 .2 .3 .4 and so on. Now the filters available will sort them all over the place...and finding all 14 strategies with ID 798 is a nightmare. I want a filter so that i can work on only those 14 strategies...keep..delete the ones I want and move on.
Thanks

Popov..I really want you to add a filter on ID of the strategy.

It will be there in the next update.

I'm working on a Correlation Analysis. It will be implemented on steps. The first one will be to detect "similar" strategies. It means strategies that has equal indicators and logical rules no mater the exact numeric values. Here the major ID number takes place because it is designed on that purpose.

Back to your question, the Optimizer always produces "similar" strategies. The correlation tool will resolve such case by removing all similar strategies except the one with the best "Collection sorting" stat.

Edit

Back to your question... You can load in the Editor the strategies you lake best and to use the "Remove other versions" option. 

https://s9.postimg.org/kvsqq0dvz/screenshot_77.png

Thanks...looking forward...great gifts for the holiday season

8 (edited by rjectweb 2017-12-26 12:47:05)

Hi,
thanks a lot for the new filtering function.

Now, in the Collection section my goal is to select the strategies I want to pass to my portfolio (Portfolio section). Then, in the Portfolio section I can use different data (my broker's) to verify if those strategies work well. Many times, only a few work well. So, I can download only those, but, I cannot prune the Portfolio Section / The Collection section right now.

I think it would be useful if once we have filtered the strategies with the new filtering options we also had the chance (a button) to prune the collection. An additional button to "Prune the Selection" next to the "Apply Filters" I think it could be of help.

Please, consider if you find this new button useful.

Best regards form Spain
RJ

Hello RJ,

It is a very good idea. I'll implement it.

Now we can remove the "not passed" strategies.

https://s9.postimg.org/z2hb45w27/image.png

Thanks a lot! I think this button is really useful. Thank you for this new addition. Warmest regards

Hi Guys,
Just trying to get my head around how the 'Correlation analysis' works in the following situation.

I have two chrome tabs open, both generating H1 GBPJPY strategies. After 48 hours I have 21 strategies in one instance and 30 strategies in the other. I decide to leave both tabs open generating strategies in the hope I may net a few more, to be added to the collections.

I return 3 hours later and find I now have 19 and 26 strategies respectively i.e less strategies in each collection than before.

Am I correct in assuming a new better strategy has been added to the collection and removed 2 or more previously added strategies due to correlations?

Thanks.

Hello Spock,

Am I correct in assuming a new better strategy has been added to the collection and removed 2 or more previously added strategies due to correlations?

Most probably you have changed some settings. In normal conditions the collection only rises up to 100 strategies.

Please note that opening two tabs in the browser doesn't improve the performance. The best solution is to open two separate instances of Chrome in two separate windows. You can do it easily bu drag and drop a tab out of the browser.

Hello Mr Popov,

Most probably you have changed some settings.

No, this is not the case. I never touched anything. I just left EA Studio in Reactor mode generating strategies and was surprised to see the number of strategies in the collection reduce over time.

I noted the same behaviour today, collection reduced from 7 strategies to 6.

Perhaps others have experienced the same, or maybe its a quirk of my workstation?

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

Forex Software → Expert Advisor Studio → Better Filtering Options for the Collection