forex software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

forex software

Skip to forum content

Forex Software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

Forex Software → Forex Strategy Builder Professional → is the data downloaded from mt4 on workdays different from weekends?

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

1 (edited by oscarzhao 2017-12-09 11:20:31)

Topic: is the data downloaded from mt4 on workdays different from weekends?

I download data from mt4 on trading days,and generate a strategy.but the strategy's gragh becomes totaly different after i download the last data from mt4 today(weekend).what's the problem?can i have my nice strategy's gragh back on Monday?thanks,everyone!

Re: is the data downloaded from mt4 on workdays different from weekends?

Do I understand correctly that after testing your strategy on new data it changed its behaviour completely?

footon wrote:

Do I understand correctly that after testing your strategy on new data it changed its behaviour completely?

the data is from the same place(mt4),just download time is different,one is workday,one is weekend.I don't know why the data is different.

Do you remember at what time you downloaded your data? Put that date into data horizon and your graph should be back.

footon wrote:

Do you remember at what time you downloaded your data? Put that date into data horizon and your graph should be back.

not that problem,the strategy signal is totaly different,I wonder if it is the matter of spread on weekend

My broker changes spread on the weekend so the results are always a bit different.

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....

7 (edited by oscarzhao 2017-12-09 16:24:48)

Blaiserboy wrote:

My broker changes spread on the weekend so the results are always a bit different.

not a bit ,but quite different.Can I have my beatifull strategy gragh back on monday? I'm using 1 minite period.

I guess you will have to wait and see.....

It could be that the new bar data available on Monday will destroy your strategy.

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....

Blaiserboy wrote:

I guess you will have to wait and see.....

It could be that the new bar data available on Monday will destroy your strategy.

why can new bar data on Monday destroy my strategy?

oscarzhao wrote:

why can new bar data on Monday destroy my strategy?

I think he means because your strategy can not predict the future.

With regards to the downloaded data -- historical data doesn't change, right?  It could be a horrific error on the part of your broker, but that is unlikely.

More likely you are mixing time frames, symbols or data horizons and that is why the graphs look different than before.

The downloaded data (in *.csv or *.json format) is a text file -- so, you can view it in any text editor.  Better yet, there are many file comparison tools available for free or little cost on the Internet.  Why not do a file comparison between the two data files to confirm whether or not they really are different?  And if they are different, the file comparison will show you why and explain the mystery.

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

Forex Software → Forex Strategy Builder Professional → is the data downloaded from mt4 on workdays different from weekends?