forex software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

forex software

Skip to forum content

Forex Software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

Forex Software → Expert Advisor Studio → MT4 data doesn't go back far enough on some symbols

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

Topic: MT4 data doesn't go back far enough on some symbols

Hi there

I am trying to load at least 200,000 bars of data for a number of instruments by opening an MT4 chart and pressing 'Home' until it stops scrolling back.  I do this on all timeframes and then load the EA Studio Data Export script to get the data into json.  This works on some instruments, however many will only go back a year or sometimes less.  Is there any trick to getting more data to load?  I have already set the max number of bars in History and Chart to well over 200,000 so this shouldn't be the problem. 

As an example, on US30 I can only go back to 24 June 2016 on a H1 timeframe, but can go back to 7 August 2008 on D1.  M1 only goes back to 24 October 2017.

Thanks in advance.

Re: MT4 data doesn't go back far enough on some symbols

You can download data from Dukas or use MT5 or Tickstory.

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....

i have Birt's Tick Data Suite 2 and have backtested a strategy on 1 min timeframe, but still can't get the chart to go back any further than 30k or so bars.

I am unfamiliar with Birt's service...., I try to not introduce things to FSBPro to complicate things.

You might have a look at Ducas, although it will not be the same as your broker data

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....

MetaTrader collects the data when it runs. With the time it will collect bars.
I'm running a MT from 3 years and have now more than 200 000 bars from that broker. However the data depends on the liquidity provider and the time zone, so data from one provider may not work for another.

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

Forex Software → Expert Advisor Studio → MT4 data doesn't go back far enough on some symbols