Topic: Holly Grail in FSB that fail miserably in MT4 backtesting

Hi to all members and especially Mr. Popov and the team behind FSB project. I am actually not a forex trader. I have never traded either real or demo account. What I do for living is recognising patterns smile I mean really. Searching for patterns for companies that need certain data of this kind. 
First time I came accross with forex was actually finding the old FSB software that was free. That was few years ago I din't have a clue what is all about but what intrigued me after some digging was the search for the best line, in other words best line for making money. I am using this software since then as 3 months per year I am off the business resting and having fun. The work you guys put in FSB is a life work and seeing Mr. Popov and some others constantly available to members, doing upgrades and many other things, I mean HUGE respect. Not many people of this kind on the globe. If I was a trader I would have certainly invested in this software  but for now I am just having fun with it and now and than try some backtesting of strategies.
I usually search strategies manualy because I like human logic over software's.

This strategy is such a result. Looks like bad ass holly grail but it fails miserably on backtesting. Maybe you traders or FSB geeks could explain why it fails and what is going on. I think it has something to do with steady bands with higher time frame and OPEN base price as exit point. I used tickstory data and fsb as well. Used normal account with 100k lot size. Spread 3 pips on EURUSD,...

here it is:

https://s18.postimg.org/76gjnygdh/main.jpg

Market
     Symbol  -  EURUSD
     Period  -  M5

Trading Size
     Maximum lots  -  20
     Trading units  -  lots
     Entry units  -  2

Strategy Properties
     Same direction signal  -  Nothing
     Opposite direction signal  -  Nothing
     Stop Loss  -  None
     Take Profit  -  None
     Break Even  -  None

[Opening Point of the Position]
     Bar Opening
     Enter the market at the beginning of the bar
     Base price  -  Open

[Opening Logic Condition]
     Moving Average
     The bar opens above Moving Average after opening below it
     Smoothing method  -  Weighted
     Base price  -  Median
     Period  -  5
     Shift  -  0
     Use previous bar value  -  Yes

Logical group  -  A
     Signal shift  -  0
     Signal repeat  -  0
     Indicator symbol  -  Default
     Indicator period  -  Default

[Closing Point of the Position]
     Bar Closing
     Exit the market at the end of the bar
     Base price  -  Close

[Closing Logic Condition]
     Steady Bands
     The bar closes below Lower Band
     Smoothing method  -  Simple
     Base price  -  Open
     MA period  -  5
     Margin in points  -  100
     Use previous bar value  -  No

Logical group  -  a
     Signal shift  -  0
     Signal repeat  -  0
     Indicator symbol  -  Default
     Indicator period  -  H4

What do you think?

Re: Holly Grail in FSB that fail miserably in MT4 backtesting

Hi,
Bug confirmed ! smile No way these results are true, probably there will be something with using higher time frame while using steady bands. In the past I had found similar bug related using higher timeframes, but mr Popov was very fast to fix, however it seems there are some errors left.

https://image.prntscr.com/image/V0ONOB1ETcarTKORBnd9Xw.png

Ha, I thought so:) It is almost any indicator with opening logic condition you apply, it gives you perfect line. Any pair, any timeframe as long as steady bands closing position is one timeframe higher, open base price and close bar below lower band. And yes, it is so beautiful to see it smile

You can avoid using higher timeframe (larger timeframe - as they say this way in fsb). 5 minutes of 4 h timeframe is 240/5= 48 factor. So 5 period * 48 = 240 period needed in m5 timeframe, well not very well played here, because too big timeframe difference, but if you use 200 max period, you should get close enough results smile

5 (edited by Arsnuova 2017-12-01 23:06:52)

Thank you for correcting me. Larger time frame wink. You probably think 200 period with any indicator instead of using larger timeframe. It doesn't work with the strategy I tried using Steady bands:) I use Indicator chart a lot to see how software "thinks" and I got pretty confused when I was analising Steady bands. I will void it for some time...

Ah, now I understand that any results are similar using higher period instead larger timeframe. And yeas, i am aware that and often usig this.

Yes, you are right. This is definitely a bug.
It must not be possible to make a faulty strategy even on purpose. 

Thank you for the report!

How does this bug impact us? Is it just if someone uses steady bands.