Topic: MQ4 or other EAs

Hi
I am sure that this has been asked before. I did not save the collection and have mq4 generated by EAstudio...is there a way to open such files in EAStudio or FSB. For that matter open any EA from any source in either software.
This would be great.
Thanks

Re: MQ4 or other EAs

Yes, you can import the EA back in EA Studio.

https://s1.postimg.org/5djodoymy7/screenshot_20.png

Should have seen that....is there a way to import an EA created in EA Studio into FSB. Also, please advise if only EAs created by EA studio or FSB can be imported or if EAs created in other software (works on MT4) can to imported.
Thanks

Currently -- *.mq4 files created by EA Studio can be imported by EA Studio, and *.mq4 files created by FSBPro can be imported by FSBPro.  Importing a source file (*.mq4) is not easy because it has to be parsed.  In order to accomplish this the source file must conform to a specific format.

Since both EA Studio and FSBPro are Popov's applications and he is familiar with the format of the source code then, perhaps, one day EA Studio-generated source files can be imported by FSBPro and vice-versa.  However, I'm not sure this is such a high priority.  Also, because of the different features of EA Studio-generated source files and FSBPro source files, then it may not be feasible.

As for importing 3rd-party source files -- no way.  A source file is simply a text file with a bunch of lines of code.  There is no way for a software application to read, parse and interpret the meaning of the lines of text of an arbitrary file.  That would require software that was skilled in AI.

sleytus wrote:

Currently -- *.mq4 files created by EA Studio can be imported by EA Studio, and *.mq4 files created by FSBPro can be imported by FSBPro.  Importing a source file (*.mq4) is not easy because it has to be parsed.  In order to accomplish this the source file must conform to a specific format.

Since both EA Studio and FSBPro are Popov's applications and he is familiar with the format of the source code then, perhaps, one day EA Studio-generated source files can be imported by FSBPro and vice-versa.  However, I'm not sure this is such a high priority.  Also, because of the different features of EA Studio-generated source files and FSBPro source files, then it may not be feasible.

As for importing 3rd-party source files -- no way.  A source file is simply a text file with a bunch of lines of code.  There is no way for a software application to read, parse and interpret the meaning of the lines of text of an arbitrary file.  That would require software that was skilled in AI.

Thank you for the detailed explanation.
Regards