forex software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

forex software

Skip to forum content

Forex Software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

Forex Software → Forex Strategy Builder Professional → MT4 Strategietester very slow with FSB EA´s

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

Topic: MT4 Strategietester very slow with FSB EA´s

Hello

The Strategietester in MT4 is very slow with FSB-EA´s

Is it possible any make in EA-Code, that the MT4-Tester have a normal speed?

Thank you, Marcus

Re: MT4 Strategietester very slow with FSB EA´s

Nothing Idea for that?

I understand that the Backtest not good, but it is not possible to make faster with MT4 Strategietester?

Footon you a old People here, you have no Idea?

smile

Marcus, I'm afraid it is as it is. For reliability purposes, essentially, at every tick all indicators get recalculated and it makes EAs so calculation-intensive and slow in MT tester. But we have to bear in mind that FSB exported EAs are not meant for additional backtesting, they are meant for trading. Because MT test is mostly useful for checking whether the strategy behaves correctly, there's no practical sense to address the slowness in MT tester.

Sometimes its is possible to edit the source to let the code execute only at needed moments and then there's significant improvement in speed, but this is possible if your strat trades at once a day in specific time (only at 12 o'clock, for instance).

What is the reason you need MT test if I may ask?

footon wrote:

smile

Marcus, I'm afraid it is as it is. For reliability purposes, essentially, at every tick all indicators get recalculated and it makes EAs so calculation-intensive and slow in MT tester. But we have to bear in mind that FSB exported EAs are not meant for additional backtesting, they are meant for trading. Because MT test is mostly useful for checking whether the strategy behaves correctly, there's no practical sense to address the slowness in MT tester.

Sometimes its is possible to edit the source to let the code execute only at needed moments and then there's significant improvement in speed, but this is possible if your strat trades at once a day in specific time (only at 12 o'clock, for instance).

What is the reason you need MT test if I may ask?

Ahh ok, thank you for Info smile

My toughts are easy, when i found a good strategy, why not sell on mql5?....

i have asked few months back, that i can make this. This is ok i have read.

And the User on MQL5 are all look on MT4 Backtest smile

smile

If you want fast experts for selling, take a look at EA Studio.

Popov wrote:

If you want fast experts for selling, take a look at EA Studio.

Yes, Miroslav smile

But i have a FSB EA found, that makes few months good results in live. The Indicators i dont find in EA Studio for that EA.

But thanks for hint smile

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

Forex Software → Forex Strategy Builder Professional → MT4 Strategietester very slow with FSB EA´s