forex software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

forex software

Skip to forum content

Forex Software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

Forex Software → Expert Advisor Studio → Data Horizon - Show Different Date after loading

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

1 (edited by qattack 2017-08-23 17:27:51)

Topic: Data Horizon - Show Different Date after loading

See the attached screen shot. The only difference is that I check/uncheck the Start Date Limit. Notice the "From" and "To" dates, as well as the difference is bars (the latter is easily explainable, but not in relation to the former).

If I change "Max Bars" to 5635, then the start date changes to 2014-01-02 00:00 (whether or not I have start date checked).

Also, I change "Max Bars" back to 5639 and Start Date to 12/30/2013 (...which the program subsequently auto-changes to 12/29/2013), the Start Date reads: 2013-12-31 0:00

Post's attachments

Data Horizon.png 17.31 kb, 1 downloads since 2017-08-23 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Re: Data Horizon - Show Different Date after loading

After reporting this bug, I loaded settings from a file that were the correct ones from the attachment. I neglected to view the dates.

The Start Date had been running as 2014-04-20 (or somewhere there-about). To fix this, I had to go to Data Horizon for each instance, reduce Max Bars by one, go back to the Reactor Tab so it refreshed (at this point, it showed correct for the new number bars, but not where I wanted it...), head back to the Data Horizon and add one back on, and back to the Reactor Tab and Start.

I cannot understand the problem.

There are 12 hours difference between 2013-01-01 00:00 and 2013-12-31 12:00.
EA Studio loads 5636 bars in the first case and 5639 bars in the second case - 3 H4 bars difference, which is equal to 12 hours.

4 (edited by qattack 2017-08-27 18:09:23)

Isn't this a difference of one year?

January 1, 2013 vs. December 31 of the same year?

Or that must actually be January 1, 2014? The actual data period is probably correct, then; I just didn't realize it was "good" if the year was adjusted.

Hm. You are right.

Can you reproduce the problem? If you can, please send me the data file sand I'll examine it closely.

Yes, I will mess around with it a little later today; I've seen it occasionally and I think I can narrow the situation in which it happens.

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

Forex Software → Expert Advisor Studio → Data Horizon - Show Different Date after loading