forex software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

forex software

Skip to forum content

Forex Software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

Forex Software → Expert Advisor Studio → EA Studio Speed Difference On These Two Computers

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

1 (edited by qattack 2017-08-18 20:33:46)

Topic: EA Studio Speed Difference On These Two Computers

I own an Intel I7 4820k. I can comfortably open seven instances of EA Studio (while giving me capability to do other things) and it plugs along very quickly.

I'm also leasing a server from Contabo: Their best plan, 10-core, Intel Xeon CUPES-26630 v4 @ 2.20 GHz. I can open nine instances with some room left over (ten is 99% CPU). This machine wasn't intended for generation, but for the moment it's spare and I'm using it in that way.

Both machines are set for "Best Performance" with no checkboxes checked. RAM is not an issue with either computer. EA Studio Settings are identical across all instances.

My PC calculates strategies a full 70 times faster (!!!) (per instance) than my rented server.

Is the server just THAT much slower than my PC, or are there additional settings that I may use to improve its speed?

ThanX!
John

EDIT: I tweaked one more setting that improved it  (prioritized "Programs" instead of "Background Processes", so now it's "only" running 50 times slower.

Re: EA Studio Speed Difference On These Two Computers

Hello John,

I have the same experience. My workstation is HP Proliant 2 x Xeon 2.96GHz and 64 GB RAM. It is almost twice slower than my testing 5 years laptop 2.26 GHz I7.

I suppose that the problem is in the BIOS settings of the server. Mine is set to an Energy efficient mode  + Silent mode. This is out of reach of the OS settings (however this is adjustable)

Aha, OK, thanks. It's not really a problem; as I said, the server isn't meant for generation.

I have the best Contabo Dedicated Server.

But my own PC, 3 years old is very more faster then the contabo server.

When i use 10 MT4 instanzes on Contabo, then few times a MT4 hang up over night....
when i use 5 MT4 all is ok....

I have in London a Ultra VPS Server, very more little settings then contabo and this only VPS is 100 times faster as the biggest contabo dedicatet Server.

I have support contabo write and phoned....but all is ok, say Contabo.....

I think contabo take the dedicated server and make vps for other users and i cant see it sad

rantampla, can you link your other plan (Ultra VPS Server) so I can check it out? I leased this server for my plan to deploy 100s of EAs, since it was the only plan cheap enough with plenty of RAM. But Portfolio Expert may allow me to change plans.

ThanX!
John

qattack wrote:

rantampla, can you link your other plan (Ultra VPS Server) so I can check it out? I leased this server for my plan to deploy 100s of EAs, since it was the only plan cheap enough with plenty of RAM. But Portfolio Expert may allow me to change plans.

ThanX!
John

Yes, here is the link

http://www.ultrafxvps.com/ultrafx-hft-vps-packages.html

i have the UltraFX HFT VPS for 290 GBP / Month....it is a big price, but it is the fastest server that i have ever seen.

I use this for scalping in the night Sessions

smile

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

Forex Software → Expert Advisor Studio → EA Studio Speed Difference On These Two Computers