forex software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

forex software

Skip to forum content

Forex Software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

(Page 2 of 14)

Forex Software → Expert Advisor Studio → Expert Advisor Studio - Wish list

Pages Previous 1 2 3 4 14 Next

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

Re: Expert Advisor Studio - Wish list

wow, never thought to look there!
Great, that makes this easy for sure

Thank you

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....

Hi guyz,
This is really great app!
But it's missing some features that would make it even more better....
PENDING ORDERS!
Trendline drawing
Support/Resistance level drawings

Alameh,

What the orders must pend?

Oh i mean the possibilty to make pending orders,  like for example if the bar crosses the trendline by 10 pips...

well, if you think carefully as to how you want your strategy to work you can design that using the indicators provided.

As far as the lines that you want, many traders can see those areas on the chart just looking at it.

Another wishlist item:

Ability to determine the order of Workflow. For example, I'd like to run Multi Market before optimization and Monte.

Ability to determine the order of Workflow.

I'm already working on that.

33 (edited by Blaiserboy 2017-02-15 23:26:16)

Perhaps add a couple price action type indicators like Previous Bar and Donchian

Is it possible to make EA Studio able to utilize multiple cores at once? just like FSB Pro pararell threads feature.

do or do not there is no try

yonkuro wrote:

Is it possible to make EA Studio able to utilize multiple cores at once? just like FSB Pro pararell threads feature.

I think it depends on browser, Studio runs in browser not as a standalone program.

I 'think' that each browser tries to run in its own core.

I say that because I am observing my own computer activity and it appears that way to me.. when observing the task manager.

The computer I am using for EA Studio has 4 cores, and if I run 4 instances of EA Studio, the thing is running at close to 100 percent.

37 (edited by yonkuro 2017-02-22 16:30:50)

Yes I also made experiment with various browser, from chrome to edge, I even tried least popular browsers such as midori and vivaldi. But the cpu usage never exceeded one core per window.

I'm aware that I can run it on multiple browser windows, so it will utilize more cores.

Liking this EA Studio, having been a user of FSB Pro for a few years.  Thank you Miroslav!  Could we save just the strategies individually as well as the collections.  It would just make it clearer for me where stuff is.  At the moment I am having to keep detailed records of where each EA is.  Also I am finding it a little confusing with the version IDs for the strategies changing each time they are updated (I think that is the case).   I also became confused when the IDs seemed to change when I reloaded them from a collection - I saved the screenshot of the strategy and deployed the compiled EA to MT4 with a magic number to reflect the ID of the EA, and next time I looked in the collection, the EA ID had changed.  This happened for a collection of about 4 EAs out of 12, and it hasn't happened since.

Hello Trader1234,

You can download the strategies individually as EAs. You can re-import them later in the editor.

http://s10.postimg.org/5qmoedc09/screenshot_191.png

The ID numbers are unique only for the strategies currently available in EA Studio - Generator, Editor, Collection...
The major ID number is a reusable number between 1 and 999. We use this model in order to reduce the data stored online. On the other hand there are not enough numbers to identify all possible strategies so that we do not save the strategy ID to the exported file.

Hello,
I still have the problem for EA_Studio created EA's to easy see which EA is which when running in MT4, because the strategie number from creation-collection (e.g. 26.1)I do not find any more in the EA exported to MT4.
So I ask again to add the line "Custom Order Comment" in the input table of the exportet EA (the same as the FSB exported EA's have). This would make life much easier when several EA's are running parallel and it so is possible to give them individual names that I can see in the MT4 Comment-column.

A feature to merge multiple strategies into one EA, if it's possible

Hi,
Some suggestions I think that may be of help

1. To be able to sort strategies in Collection by their Id >> This way we could find a lot easier all the variants of the same strategy and manually select the best according to our criteria (ie. choosing between 121.1, 121.13, 121.24, for example). I think it could help removing variants and keeping only the best one to build our portfolios. (when optimizing strategies new variants of that strategy appear in the Collection, ordering by ID helps selecting only one of those variants and remove the worst variants).

2. To be able to optimize again some of the strategies in COllection.

I can manually optimize each strategy again, but I think if we could optimize multiple strategies at the same time the workflow would be faster. It would be great if in the Collection section, next to each strategy there was a selector and this way we could select the strategies that will be reoptimized again.

3. When we join all the strategies in a single EA, building a Portfolio EA, it uses a external server and it can not be run in MT4 backtester. I would like to be able to backtest the Portfolio EA in MT4 (strategy tester), and that way check the performance of the Portfolio and the individual EAs in the portfolio without having to download all of them and testing one by one in MT4. I know we'll be able to do this once the server has been removed. It is only I think this feature is very important and I wanted to say the POrtfolio EA will be even better when we didn't have to use the server

4. Being able to order the strategies by number of trades would be helpful also. Sometimes in a portfolio there could be some strategies with a lot more of operations than the others, and the portfolio could be unbalanced and those strategies could have a lot of weight in the portfolio.

Finally, a minor issue, pagination at the bottom of the screen would be helpful. Not having to scroll up to go to the next page.

Thanks a lot for reading these suggestions.
Best regards
RJ

I wish I can change the reactor's validation sequence, for example I want to validate my strategy on multi market first, before optimize it.

Hi, another feature that could be of help:
I would like to be able to build strategies for only selling or only buying. This way we could build a portfolio of only selling strategies or buying strategies. Buying and selling strategies might have their own parameters and didn't have to be symmetric.
I know I can build this type of strategies using ForexSB pro, but the portfolio EA feature in EA studio would do a lot easier to build the only selling or only buying portfolios.
Also, I would love to be able to use the Portfolio EA feature in next versions of ForexSB pro.
Thanks a lot
Best regards

I like the idea of Long or Short...

Trail to BREAK EVEN

would be awsome

A trailing stop would slow  the process tremendously, break even would slow the process a bit.

Trailing stop has been shown in a few studies to actually lessen the profitability of a trade.

An alternative to trailing stop can be a moving average.

Dear Popov,

Could you please add stagnation as one optimizer criteria?

Regards.

This is an interesting idea. Thank you!

Popov wrote:

This is an interesting idea. Thank you!

Thanks for considering it smile

Pages Previous 1 2 3 4 14 Next

You must login or register to post a reply

Forex Software → Expert Advisor Studio → Expert Advisor Studio - Wish list