forex software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

forex software

Skip to forum content

Forex Software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

Forex Software → Expert Advisor Studio → Slight collection issue

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

Topic: Slight collection issue

I have 17 strats in the collection, but the number shows 23. Furthermore, 17 strats are on 2 pages, but it shows 3. When I click on the third page, I get this message - The collection is empty. Please use the Generator to create strategies.

Screenshot as well:

http://s30.postimg.org/vbdousfy7/bal.jpg

Re: Slight collection issue

Refreshes, reloads don't change the behaviour.

one idea is that sometimes those that match the criteria when making the strategies do not always match the criteria to show in the collection if any of the sort criteria are turned on.

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....

I know that problem. I'll fix it tomorrow.

5 (edited by footon 2017-02-14 14:53:34)

Collection is still acting up, uploading a collection and after recalculation the number of strats is different to what is shown.

Another issue - I click on a strat in the collection, but it doesn't open it in the editor, other strat is opened in the editor.

Yep, I open 425, 413 gets open instead, other strats work, but 413 has somehow replaced 425...

Another one, trying to open 424, 414 gets opened. 424 is lost.

Collection is still acting up, uploading a collection and after recalculation the number of strats is different to what is shown.

You can have only strategies n profit in the collection. If a strategy goes on loss after recalculation, it is not included in the new collection.

Another issue - I click on a strat in the collection, but it doesn't open it in the editor, other strat is opened in the editor.

There was such bug in the earlier versions with the Automatic Workflow. I think it was fixed. It is possible your collection to be exported from the older wrong code. A recalculation must fix the problem. If it still appears, please send me the collection and I'll check it.

Popov wrote:

You can have only strategies n profit in the collection. If a strategy goes on loss after recalculation, it is not included in the new collection.

No, what I meant was that if after recalculation it ends up with 3 strats, I expect Collection to show number 3 behind its name, not 5 or 10 or 25. In my case it showed a bigger number than there actually was. Maybe it's designed to do so? Cosmetic bug at most, but I thought to mention it.

About that other issue - I'll work through my current collection and look up the troublemaker.

Thanks, Miroslav!

Are there any filters on? I must make it more visible if a filter actually filters out strategies.

No, no filters.

Ok, it happened again, selecting 452 but getting 435 instead. Hit the recalculation and it started working again. Maybe intensive use causes this? Optimizing strats one by one and then adding them to collection...
Recalculation fixes, if someone else gets this issue.

Footon, I confirm the bug. I'll try to fix it as soon as possible.

Another thing - when I open studio for the first time and hit the collection, no strats are shown, although there's a number after Collection. I can bring strats back by hitting the recalc button.

A little illustration.

Post's attachments

bal.JPG 66.62 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

Forex Software → Expert Advisor Studio → Slight collection issue