forex software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

forex software

Skip to forum content

Forex Software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

Forex Software → Help and Support → Indicator - Enter Once

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

Topic: Indicator - Enter Once

Hi Popov.

I Made a forex Strategy On Ger30 Index and one logic is that trade opens " enter Once; Once in a day". I back tested it in MT4 and Back test Results came as Trades trigger Once in a day as expected. But when i put in the actual market, i Just saw the Strategy Made 2 trades So far. Strategy is made on 30m Chart, trade opened in one bar and closed and after 2 bars again the strategy made a trade. how can that happen if i have put the logic "Enter Once a Day". I feel like my strategy is unstable. Pls help

Thanks.

Anu

Re: Indicator - Enter Once

perhaps you will post the actual strategy file so that Popov can examine it

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....

Re: Indicator - Enter Once

The expert advisor stores the last entry time in a local variable. When you use the "Enter Once" indicator, the expert checks the last entry time and decides whether to allow a new entry or not, depending on the corresponding logic.
If you restart the expert, it looses the current state and this will reset the variables. The expert will not be able to detect the last entry correctly and will allow a new position.

This happens when you start / stop MetaTrader, remove / attach the expert or change the time frame of the chart during the EA work.

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

Forex Software → Help and Support → Indicator - Enter Once